• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS 1.0

Re: AICS 1.0

Jon,
It's actually pretty easy with some normal handyman type tools... and a 1.5 stock to compare/measure to.

I cut the skins on mine with my 12" dewalt mitre-saw! drilled the combpiece holes by hand and threaded the fixing holes by hand.. came out pretty good and took about 45mins..

It took about an hour to make a comb piece though..

RJ

Re: AICS 1.0

I did a write up some time back here on the hide, cant find it so I will post the pics. You can purchase the cheekpiece from TacPro, comes with the mount, rods, and cheekrest.

AI AE 1.0
Picture774_edited.jpg

With skins removed, all the factory holes are present
Picture834.jpg

First step is to cut off the factory cheekrest molded into the shins, I use a utility knife, you can use a file to clean up the edges. Cut out skins internally to allow cheekrest rods to clear. A standard utility knife or file works (the plastic is soft), just take your time
Picture833.jpg

After modification s complete
Picture832.jpg

With the right skin in place, use a pic or similar sharp point thru the threded holes in the stock rail to mark the location of the cheekrest tightening screws. Drill holes in right stock side for screws (not performed in the botom pic).
Finished 1.0 to 1.5 converson
Picture831.jpg

Hope thats what your looking for.

Kirk R