• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS 1.5 Accushot Monopod Mounting Question

67rschev

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2011
Colorado
I picked up a new to me SPS Varmint in a AICS 1.5 the other week . I was going through and giving it a good tune up and make over due to the 3 layers of Krylon shakey balled tip to butt and had a question regarding the mounting of the quick adjust monopod . There was a small rubber gasket sandwiched between the stock and and pod , that was in pretty bad shape , is that supposed to go there ? None the less , I tossed it and when I reassembled the accupod , it does not get what I would call tight . For you guys familiar with the set up , the lower stock butt spacer bolts thread into the stock , and then trough it and into the monopod mount . Can't get it very tight and it wobbles around . Should I build a new ' gasket ' to try to shim it , or another thought was to drill out the threads in the stock , and bolt the butt pad / spacers right into the mount . What all you say ?

Re: AICS 1.5 Accushot Monopod Mounting Question

There are 2 you need to tighten, the one that goes through the butt of the stock and the other is on the front of the monopod facing the stock screw you have already tightened.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pongnukl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are 2 you need to tighten, the one that goes through the butt of the stock and the other is on the front of the monopod facing the stock screw you have already tightened. </div></div>

OK , Must be missing the front one . Is it a hex , that threads in the front of the mono mount and then acts as a jam against the butt bolt ? Thought maybe I am supposed to tighten the mono mount , but it is round , no allen will grip into it .

The monopod has a fastener with a hex socket in it.

Do it this way-

Remove the monopod.

Tighten the butt pad bolt.

Insert the Monopod fastener into the stock and tighten with a 3/16 hex wrench.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 67rschev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

OK , Must be missing the front one . Is it a hex , that threads in the front of the mono mount and then acts as a jam against the butt bolt ? </div></div>

The 5/16 front bolt is completely flush and countersunk into the housing. I didn't find it at first either. Once you get it tightened from both sides, it is rock solid.

Are we talking about the AccuShot monopod? If so the little rubber spacer is to protect the stock from the monopod. To tighten the monopod you need to tighten the top bolt first on the stock. Then tighten the bottom one next, using the following method; index (screw) the interior hex bolt first closest to the trigger guard and then tighten the rear hex bolt next. Call AccuShot or surf their web site for the install instructions because there is torque instructions for the rear hex bolt and how many revolutions on the interior hex nut for that system so that you do not damage it. The bottom bolt is a male and female bolt system with a hex head on each end. If you tighten just the rear bottom hex head the system will be loose. It has be done in the order above.

I did poke through their website and could not find any destructions . I will give it a go tonight when I get home.

Thanks for all the replies , there is some great knowledge to be obtained here , minus the ' Donna's ' who's usual reply is use the search stupid .

67rschev,

Using the rubber spacer is optional, without it, the Stock Collar will be pressed into the stock, the indentation is very slight and not that noticeable unless you are looking for it. I don't use it as I want it to be as solid as possible.

Torque is 65 inch pounds on the Accu-Shot monopod nut (3/16 hex socket) and the rotations of this same nut should be between 7 - 20. If you hit 20 rotations and the monopod is still loose, remove the monopod and shorten the lower BUTT PAD BOLT then repeat the installation.

edited to add -

Found this;

Attaching the A.S.A.I. monopod to Firearm – a 3/16 hex key will be needed.

1. Insure Firearm is NOT loaded.
2. Insure lower Buttpad bolt is tight.
3. If desired, slide the provided cushion* onto the Stock Collar Fastener.
4. Locate and position the Stock Collar fastener into the Butt pad bolt clearance hole.
5. Using a 3/16 hex wrench, engage the hex socket on the Stock Collar Fastener and tighten ASAI to stock 7-20 rotations at 65 IN. LBS.
6. Do not exceed 20 rotations as this will damage the Stock Collar Fastener.
7. The ASAI cannot be tightened to stock by using the lower Butt Pad bolt.

In testing we did not use the cushion and found that a slight impression was made into the stock from the mating surface of the Stock collar. The fit achieved was tight, and repeatable which was desired over the slight cosmetic disturbance. Please note the cushion does not insure that an impression will not be made, attaching this product is done so at your risk, B&T Industries L.L.C. will not be held responsible for your
actions in attaching this product. If you have questions or comments concerning this product, please contact us.