• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AICS 1.5 Question

with a jewell w/ top safety, the inlet for the trigger is not quite wide enough. You can open up the tight spot with a dremel or with hand files , or have someone with a mill do a "proper" job. Either way won't make a difference as long as you pick up the little bit of clearence you need. No big deal and no harm done to the functioning of the chassis. Process is to remove material from the safety side of the trigger til you have clearance when the action is installed and torqued. Trial and error along with using a sharpie to see where more has to be removed worked for me.

Last edited:
All I know is the Legacy chassis interferes with a pin that moves laterally when the safety is applied on the Timney trigger. What I do, instead of modifying the chassis, is to slowly grind the pin on the left side of the trigger down just enough to gain some room so that the safety will work.