• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS 1.5 Rem 700 308.

mxer919

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
TX, SE.
Would appreciate any info, experience, comments, or general inpput/impressions of this rifle. As well as on DPMS LRT SASS 308. All thoughts appreciated.

Re: AICS 1.5 Rem 700 308.

The AICS chassis is not for everyone. Some like it others do not. It will feel very different than a McMillan A5. I had an AICS that I ended up selling. One other thing it is also much harder to do any fast bolt cycling with this stock (it's a thumbhole stock). The M24A3 H-S Precision stock and the McMillan A-5 stock will be easier to do fast bolt cycling. I have never owned a Manners but I intend to have one eventually. They have similar design features of the A-5 so I would assume fast bolt cycling with that stock is also possible.

As for the .308 in Rem 700, you should be fine with that. If it were me I would make sure that it is at least a Remington Varmint or heavier contour in 20". I would also put a brake on the end since I hate recoil. Also get an after market trigger or at least the old style remington trigger.

As for the DPMS, I can not comment, I have no experience with that rifle. Others on the hide with experience may want to chime in on the DPMS.

Hope this helps,

Gene

I had a 1.5, sold it and bought a A5, but since I went to Rifles Only for training, shooting CKA 260 in a 1.5 I think I might buy another, trigger school was a real eye opener, a 1.5 offers alot of price advantages over a A5, no bedding, no bottom metal to buy, it's adjustable out of the box, A5 is better in the way it feels in your hands, it's easier to clean the rifle due to the comb, I perfer flush cups over HK snap hooks. I recommend you try before you buy, or get both.

You can't go wrong with a bolt gun, JMO. I lover the AICS stock. I have it on my 300 win mag and two other AIAWs. Some don't like the thumb hole. The DPMS is a different breed.

I love the AICS stocks, my friend has one in a rifle built by Tactical Rifles. It fits me well & i like the adjustments. Of course i have an AI AWP so i have been used to them for some time.

I swapped my rem 700 Police .308 Win stock for an AICS and never regretted it.
AICSbipiedbquille001.jpg