• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS 10 round magazine fit issue

B3dlam

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
Kodiak, AK
Alright all you AICS Gurus I just got my new rifle together see thread:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3720759#Post3720759

Here is the issue I have I have two magazines 1 5 round AICS magazine and 1 10 round aics magazine both are factory mags going into an AICS chassis the issue I am running into is the 5 rounder locks in with no issues (tried both mine and a friends 5 rounder) the 10 round magazine will not lock in though.

Re: AICS 10 round magazine fit issue

No Guru here but have a lot of AICS mags . & have had a few over the years that would not latch . Both in Badger & AICS chassis's

I am assuming the 10-round is empty ( no rounds & spring ) pressing up against the bottom of the Bolt . & you can not even smack it on the Magazine bottom & get it to lock-in ?
sometimes they are slightly out of Spec. they are mass produced .

If it is not locking up & in the Latch . You need to lightly file the magazine latch catch on it;s protruding edge that is sticking out . So it will receive & lock the the Mag. Release lever . Filing ( mag. latch ) it a little will raise the height & let the Mag. Release Lever ' Snap Under ' the Magazine lever catch .
It's an easy to do fix .

Or Send back the Mag. for an exchange for another 10-round Mag .

Thanks for the info I will give the files a try and see if that helps my other option was to start filing down up at the top as that is where its contacting. I did try with magazines unloaded and the bolt open so there was no tension.

Thanks again for the input about 10 minutes with a file going nice and slow and comparing to the 5 rounder that does fit I was able to find the spot that had the issue and now the magazine locks in as advertised.

happens a lot & it's an easy fix .
Once you do a little Filing on the AICS Mag. They are a good quality Mag.& built to last . Filing it, you find out the finish is hard/quality & the metal is Hard .