• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS 2.0 collapsable stock?

KQguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2008
Ohio
I am considering getting one of these,so I can run a longer barrel,and still get the rifle in my drag bag.Anyone here have any experiences with them?I am just concerned about any slop that might be there with a hinged system.

Re: AICS 2.0 collapsable stock?

There isn't any slop in the 2.0. It's heavy and stable.Get correct height rings w your scope so you get good cheekweld.In other words don't go too low.

The AI clamping system to lock the buttstock in place is pretty solid. I haven't had any problem with mine. I think it's because of the strong spring AI uses as well as tight tolerances.

It's tight and no rattle - good to go. Love mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KQguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am considering getting one of these,so I can run a longer barrel,and still get the rifle in my drag bag.Anyone here have any experiences with them?I am just concerned about any slop that might be there with a hinged system. </div></div>

"Tight as a bulls ass at fly time"

NO slop.

If you need an AICS, send me a PM
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There isn't any slop in the 2.0. It's heavy and stable.Get correct height rings w your scope so you get good cheekweld.In other words don't go too low. </div></div>

^ Good advice, I purchased a 2.0 and the badger rings I had been using with the previous stock were too low.

Great stock with tight lock up but it is not collapsible it is a folding stock.

Is there much of a difference on how heavy they are?
I would be interested to know how much the folder clocks in at.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5toLife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there much of a difference on how heavy they are?
I would be interested to know how much the folder clocks in at.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Technically, yes, but it is not enough to even notice.

They are good to go. If you didn't see the the hinge you would allmost
think it was solid.