• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

aics 2.0 stock thumbhole vs. pistol grip

Re: aics 2.0 stock thumbhole vs. pistol grip

I changed becasue I have big hands and the pistol grip allows my entire hand to fit around the grip. If you do decide to go the Viperskin route you wont regret it.

I went to Viperskins. It's very personal, but for me, the AICS angle was too steep and the grip too small. The grippy material on the pistol grip is nice, too. The Viperskins have improved my ergonomics and shooting, plus they take a few ounces off the weight.

YMMV

I came from semis so I was used to a pistol grip and when I
switched over to a bolt gun I could not get the feel right with the thumbhole so
I picked up some Viperskins......now it feels right and accuracy has gone up do to being
able to be put into the postion I am familiar with (muscle memory).

AL

I went with Viper Skins. I'm glad I did, they feel good and I think I shoot better with them (at least I tell myself that!). I just dont care for thumbhole stocks, except for my Anschutz 54.18 .22RF Silhouette Rifle.

Definitely look at the new Accuracy International skins available from Milehigh Shooting Supply. They are not over priced like some other aftermarket skins.
Ordered these Tuesday and they arrived on my doorstep Thursday.

I just took a couple of quick pics of mine.

aicsskins.jpg

aiscskins2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chris m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats the way i was thinking of going, i have big hands, and do like the pistol grip </div></div>

Viperskins has two sized grips, Standard and XL for large hands. The XL grip is over 7 inches around so it's pretty beefy.

standard_GRIP_2_logo.jpg

XL_GRIP_3_logo.jpg

Viperskins_header-1.jpg

Of the three AICS 2.0 builds that I have the two have been converted over to the Viperskins and the third will in the near future.

PM me if you want to figure out a day to try them out, we're not that far apart.