• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AICS 2.0 & SWFA SS 5-20x50mm

michael_aos

Sergeant
Minuteman
I have a Remington 700 SPS Tactical .223 with a 20 MOA base in an AICS 2.0.

Stuck this new SWFA SS 5-20x50mm on it using (I think) Badger Ordnance 306-16 MAX-Alloy .823" rings.

Even with the comb as low as it goes, I can't seem to get down low-enough to get a good sight-picture on higher magnification settings.

Has anyone else encountered this, or something similar?
--

Re: AICS 2.0 & SWFA SS 5-20x50mm

My dad had this problem when for a test he put my AICS 1.5 on his police model 700. His scope is a Zeiss 4.5-14 in low rings on a 20 MOA rail. He told me he couldn't get his eye low enough to get a good sight picture, so he put his HS back back on and told me if he ever got a higher set of rings he would try it again.

You will have to get a higher set of rings to get your eye to line up better or put up with it on a lower setting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get higher rings.</div></div>

What he said. ^^^

885 medium high rings are pretty good but the 1.0 inch high rings are just about perfect. Most guys shooteither one of these for correct cheek height.

I use the medium high Badgers and they work great for me...YMMV based on your body type, position on the rifle, eyes, etc., etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">medium high Badgers </div></div>

I'm going to try the 306-20 0.885" Medium next (already have them).

I had previously mounted a Premier 5-25x with Seekins 34mm High (1") rings and didn't notice any issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">885 medium high rings are pretty good but the 1.0 inch high rings are just about perfect. Most guys shooteither one of these for correct cheek height.

</div></div>

Their website currently lists them as:

.885" - medium
1.0" - medium high
1.125" - high
1.25" - extra high
1.4" - ultra high

i have the 1 inch medium high on an underground skunkworks infidel with the same scope. its perfect for me without adjusting anything.

Pat

Yep, had the exact same problem with the exact same set-up. Went with 1.125 BO rings and now I feel like I'm lying on my couch watching TV. I also added the AI fully adjustable buttstock for what I think is *my* perfect fit now. I think it's mainly a function of how long your neck is and how big your chest and belly are...you just have to experiment for your personal ergonomics.