• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS 2.0 vs AT Chassis differences

mallen45

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2020
I’m about as green on the chassis systems. My question is what is the difference between the 2.0 chassis that’s found on the MK13 and the AT system with thumbhole upgrade kit. Is the AT system with the thumbhole upgrade equivalent to the set up to what’s found on the MK13?

Reactions: aishooternz
So i did a mini write up on Reddit many moons ago, i hope this helps you

For the AICS it went:
  1. Gen 1 - AICS 1.0 built in cheek riser into the chassis,non adjustable. Chassis is non folding
  2. Gen 2 - Legacy AICS 1.5 & 2.0 Ver. 1 (2.0 denotes folder / Version 1 or Legacy differentiates the blocky squared look in the back)
  3. Gen 3 - AICS 1.5 & 2.0 Ver. 2 - Updated skins / chassis. Skins looked like AI was consolidating their machines. Like a perforated edge line on stamps; skin has cut outs for the folding action and NO blocky bolt handle cut out, so the same skin could be used LH or RH. Basically they now have 1 molding machine/design rather than 4. ’L’ shaped rear is how you can tell & no blocky bolt handle cut out. Also integrated the forward hand guard rail section for added modularity
  4. Gen 4 - Removed Thumbhole stocks, but you’re able to buy the the rear and pistol grip skins to convert back into thumbhole. QD Cups Front/Rear is how you can tell

This is purely from my research and intuition and i believe it is accurate IMO.

Here is a link to the AT and AICS Ver 2 install, you have to cut the rear skins... if you're curious

Late on the reply but I appreciate it. This makes perfect sense. I was lucky enough to find the stock exactly as it should be, but I’ve had much more experience with McMillan’s tactical stocks so I needed to know what these iterations were all about for Accuracy International. Now the struggle is truly in the MARS rail hunt.