• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS 223 Single Load Sled for KRG Bravo Chassis Recommendation Needed

done999

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2021
Tennessee
Hello,

I have a Tikka T3 in 223rem that I would like to buy a Bravo stock for. In its current factory state I have always reloaded my ammo long and have single loaded my rounds as they won't fit in a magazine. I generally single all my rifles from the bench so no worries there. I am strongly considering purchasing a Bravo Chassis to swap this Tikka into and see it uses AICS magazines. I see there are single loading sleds, etc in the 223 AICS format. Has anyone out there personally used a single loading type magazine/adaptor that worked well for you? Any to stay away from? I'm looking specifically for those using a Tikka 223 (not 7.62) in the Bravo chassis.

Thanks for any help and if anyone has any other words of wisdom such as......is the bolt handle hitting the cheek guard a big deal.......that would be great :).

Don

Hi,

I have recently redesigned my sled to work better with 223. This includes a small ramp to help prevent those small rounds hitting your feed ramp.

Plus side, it's made on superior machines, out of superior material...and is a fraction the price of competitors :)

How long are you loading exactly?

MDT poly .223 AICS mags will fit/feed over 2.50" COAL.

I don’t think I’m loading longer than that. Generally I use SMK 69s (1.992” to the ogive) but have been known to throw in Berger 70 VLDs. I like to single load even with factory ammo generally, but it would be nice to get at least one magazine that could hold a stack if/when I want to shoot quicker. I think a saw the Bravo doesn’t like some particular AICS brands/types, I’ll have to check that the MDT polys are not the ones they say to stay away from.

I don’t think I’m loading longer than that. Generally I use SMK 69s (1.992” to the ogive) but have been known to throw in Berger 70 VLDs. I like to single load even with factory ammo generally, but it would be nice to get at least one magazine that could hold a stack if/when I want to shoot quicker. I think a saw the Bravo doesn’t like some particular AICS brands/types, I’ll have to check that the MDT polys are not the ones they say to stay away from.

I've got a T3x .223ai in an MDT (Not KRG) AICS chassis with MDT poly mags and mine cycled fine loaded to max mag length (a bit past 2.50") in completely stock configuration, I have since done a bit of feed ramp and mag lip massaging and is now butter smooth to the point you sometimes wonder if you actually chambered a round.

Unless KRG cut their magwells differently I can't imagine you having any insurmountable problems, you do need to remove the leaf spring from the front of your trigger assembly for them to work correctly though (which is a normal part of the process with AICS and T3's) and MAYBE some tweaking of the mag catch if you are unlucky, but nothing that should make you shy away from the idea.

I wouldn't personally single feed unless there was no suitable magazine option, but I don't shoot benchrest.