• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS .308 magazine dimensions?

Jabronie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Montana
I am trying to find the dimensions on the AICS 10 round .308 magazine, on the width, hieght, length, and how far down the locking notch is?

I would very much apreciate it to find this out

Re: AICS .308 magazine dimensions?

Width - .975" at the rear.
.858" at the front

Length - 3.858"

Height - 4.645" without feed lips
+.310" for feed lips

Locking notch is 1.356" down the spine of the magazine.

This is for a current production AICS 10 rounder with the AI logo on the bottom.

Re: AICS .308 magazine dimensions?

Hi I'm new to this forum.
I'm a shooting enthusiast and amateur gunsmith.
I'm currently working on a 300WSM bolt gun, from scratch, which is a modified Rem-700 design. I was originally going to feed it with modified M1A mags, but have lately been looking more toward the AICS/AW mag sytems and found this thread while trying to find blueprints for either mag system.

A dimension from LoneWolf doesn't make sense to me, so I thought I'd ask if maybe there was a typo or something.

The length is listed as 3.858". That seems kinda long, to me. The M1A magazine is 3.100", for comparison, including the protruding locking lug. I measured on the receiver that I'm making and that length would put the front of the magazine ahead of the lugs. I've confirmed the same on my varmint gun, which is a .223 Rem 700.

If I had an AICS mag to measure off of, I'd just confirm it that way...

A little help?