• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

aics an surgeon xl action

Re: aics an surgeon xl action

XL action is too big to fit in the AICS system's that's why no one uses them because they won't work together....

The XL version of the AICS is coming very soon, per my conversation with Surgeon. Early summer.

Talked with Surgeon late last week. They told me the AICS would be available in a few weeks. Still think I'm going with an A5 though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The XL version of the AICS is coming very soon, per my conversation with Surgeon. Early summer.</div></div>

Didn't know this nor did I make SHOT this year....My mistake....

I think it was mentioned in another thread that AI is making the AICS chassis system to fit a Surgeon XL action with a CIP length magazine. I'll try to find it unless someone can find it first.

That's the way I understand it. I think the first AICS stocks will be made with standard length magwells. Those will be available shortly. Then the CIP versions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok put me straight.

A. Surgeon are making an XL action to fit the AICS LA.

B. Surgeon are making a chassis to fit the XL action.

which?

regards Pete </div></div>

Neither A nor B is correct.

Accuracy International is pleased to be working with Surgeon Rifles, Inc. to develop an AICS for the XL action. The design work is now finished and final drawings are being completed. We provided a fully functional prototype that was on display at Surgeon's booth at SHOT. The XL AICS is designed to accept the new CIP .338 Lapua magazine from Accuracy international, which will make the Surgeon XL and Accuracy International Magnums among the small class of rifles that utilize DBMS with CIP .338 Lapua ammunition. The XL AICS will be available exclusively from Surgeon Rifles, Inc. by summer.

Best regards,
-Scott