• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AICS AX Hand guard alignment issue

mioduz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2009
Just finished my most recent build but am a bit discouraged after finding out that the barrel does not exit the center of the handguard. If you are looking down the muzzle the OD of the handguard to the OD of the barrel is .305. The Right side measure .225. Has anyone else had this issue. It is a Stiller Tac 30 action with a bartlein barrel.

Re: AICS AX Hand guard alignment issue

Do you know for sure if it's the stock, the barrel, the action....or a combination of the 3?

Did you build the rifle?

I don't know where the issue is. Yes I built the rifle

anyone else have any advice?

Send it in to AI. Could be that something is hitting it causing its misalignment in the chassis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mioduz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know where the issue is. Yes I built the rifle </div></div>

When you dialed the barrel in, how much run-out did the muzzle have?
Next time, clock the run-out to 12:00.

i used a ptg range rod and it was less than .0002 run out at both the near and far readings.