• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS AX vs

MJ2936

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2013
USA
Looking to either build or buy complete something with a chassis stock in 6.5 or 260rem. Always wanted an AICS AX but I know many other options out there. Will be used for range, but possibly competition in the future.

Wondering what peoples thoughts were on the AI AX vs the competition (whiskey, Cadex, etc).
If I go AIAX better to buy entire rifle or go with cheaper action?

if it's only for range and you like the feel of the AX chassis, then get the full AI

keep in mind, for PRS it may not be the best option but still a good one. they're damn reliable

Reactions: MDT_Josh
If you decide AX chassis DEFINITELY get the whole AI. People who haven’t owned one think the chassis is the difference between an AI and other guns. It’s not. I’m actually not a fan of the chassis and still have purchased 4 AIs. The action is truly in a class of its own.

Reactions: kthomas
I will echo what others have said. If you like the chassis get the whole gun. The AI action is great and they are as accurate as anything else you would want. Now they have the AI comp trigger which is a copy of the CG22 you can run a single stage if you so choose.

Get behind one before you buy it though to make sure you like how they feel.

Reactions: Jeffd and kthomas
If you want an AI and it fits you, get the AI. They are great guns.

Unless you have a specific preference for a certain stock/chassis, action, trigger, etc. an AI will do what you need, and well.

Reactions: PBWalsh
If you can afford it, buy the factory AI rifle. If you can't afford it get a 0% interest credit card and buy it anyway. That will give you at least 12 months to figure out how to afford it even if you have to suck dicks to pay it off.

Euro Optic has a couple short action show demos on special for a little over $6K which brings the price difference between an AX and a custom quite a bit closer and really not any more than a high end custom in a AX chassis like a Surgeon Scalpel.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
One again, you can't afford not to buy it.

Don't overlook the AT, and put one of those cleareanced-priced S&B's on it.

PS. I'm not so sure about the payment plan RedceckBMXer came up with.

Desperate times often call for desperate measures. Crack whores turn tricks to get their fix every day, owning an AI has got to be better than a crack high. Just sayin.

Reactions: b6graham
I am looking into getting a AI chassis for my 700 short action. I have a friend that has a an AX chassis but I am not sure if its worth the extra 300$ over the AICS. Anybody have any suggestions/ preferences
Thanks

I would look at other chassis's aslo as the market has opened up a bit. My personal favorite us the krg whiskey. The aics 2.0 is kind of a clunker in my opinion, and I hate the thumbhole. The ax is solid. If you are getting a deal on it, you won't regret the purchase.

I am looking into getting a AI chassis for my 700 short action. I have a friend that has a an AX chassis but I am not sure if its worth the extra 300$ over the AICS. Anybody have any suggestions/ preferences
Thanks

I would look at other chassis's aslo as the market has opened up a bit. My personal favorite us the krg whiskey. The aics 2.0 is kind of a clunker in my opinion, and I hate the thumbhole. The ax is solid. If you are getting a deal on it, you won't regret the purchase.

I would look at JAE chassis'. The most comfortable chassis you can get behind IMO.

Thanks

Look at it this way... an AX rifle costs $3K more than a loaded AT and the only difference is the chassis and Bartlein barrel and a lot of people pay that difference and think it's worth it. I'm one of those people. The price difference in the two rifles is roughly the same as what two AX AICS chassis cost. Or to put into another perspective, the cost difference of the two chassis options is 10% of what the cost difference of the two rifles are.

And yes, IMO the enhancements of the AX chassis are worth the extra cost over the AT at the rifle price differences and absolutely at the chassis price difference.

Reactions: brianf
How about AX short action vs the MC, or...maybe the Cadex Kraken?

Last edited: