• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear AICS AXSR Experiences?

Gil P.

Blank
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
How are you all liking this chassis? I'm interested in the ergos of the new grip and stock. What are you using as a rail under the forend?

I'm thinking of getting one, I'd be willing to sell one of my redundant organs if anyone is interested, (no limb offers please).

I guess general impressions, how it compares to other r700 chassis'.

I've always heard that AI chassis' and rifles aren't great for positional shooting, shooting off barricades, or improvised positions. Just wondering if this new chassis addresses some of the complaints. The area forward the magazine well looks to be an improvement over the AX. I've heard the action sit a bit lower in the AXSR chassis than the AX chassis, but I'm not able to see either one in person, so I'm going by word of mouth here...

I'm trying to decide if I should buy this chassis, wait for the AT-X chassis, or buy an AT-X rifle. I'm kind of disappointed that the AT-X doesn't have the AXSR folding quick adjust stock. For 5K, i'm kind of surprised they weren't able to incorporate it into the AT-X, especially since I think it would be easier from a logistical stand point to only have one common model butt stock between the AXSR and AT-X.

Also, do you think the quick adjust and folding features offer enough value to justify this chassis over the AT-X chassis?

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

I guess general impressions, how it compares to other r700 chassis'.

I've always heard that AI chassis' and rifles aren't great for positional shooting, shooting off barricades, or improvised positions. Just wondering if this new chassis addresses some of the complaints. The area forward the magazine well looks to be an improvement over the AX. I've heard the action sit a bit lower in the AXSR chassis than the AX chassis, but I'm not able to see either one in person, so I'm going by word of mouth here...

I'm trying to decide if I should buy this chassis, wait for the AT-X chassis, or buy an AT-X rifle. I'm kind of disappointed that the AT-X doesn't have the AXSR folding quick adjust stock. For 5K, i'm kind of surprised they weren't able to incorporate it into the AT-X, especially since I think it would be easier from a logistical stand point to only have one common model butt stock between the AXSR and AT-X.

Also, do you think the quick adjust and folding features offer enough value to justify this chassis over the AT-X chassis?

Thanks for your thoughts on this!
It's a well made chassis, the only other chassis I've had was the AX. This addresses all of the shortcomings that one had. I also have a couple McMillans.

It's got a full length rrs rail on the tubular forend, and another rrs rail just in front of the mag well. These sections of the chassis are pretty narrow, but you can buy wide plates from places like gray ops these days to steady your rifle better.

I can't say if the action sits any deeper than normal. It doesn't look like it.

The mag well has a built in stop to prevent over insertion of magazines. I remember the AX not having this feature.

The grip is comfortable, and the distance from the grip to trigger has been kept quite short. If you have small hands you will appreciate this.

The folding stock is nice, but I couldn't get it to close on a BAT TR bolt knob. I flipped the folding mechanism so now it folds on the left side of the rifle.

The quick adjustments for cheek height, etc, are also much improved over the AX. You no longer need an Allen key to secure your adjustments anymore. It's up you whether it's worth it or not.

I havent tried their comp rifle. The main advantage I see is being able to add weights to balance your rifle. Mine does balance nicely with a 26" MTU though. So I guess in my case, it wouldn't make a huge difference.

Reactions: Thorbeast
Thanks! I'll probably pick one up based on this feedback.

Thanks! I'll probably pick one up based on this feedback.

The cheek piece is pretty wide. I had to move mine all the way over to the right side to get more comfortable.

I could hear a ringing noise when when I shot with the AX chassis. I don't hear any ringing with this one, so maybe AI has done something to stop that from happening.
20210801_173503.jpg

Also looking for recent chassis impressions. Think its worth waiting for the ATX Chassis? Pics encouraged!