• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aics chassis rem 700

yfzjen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2010
Whitesboro, Tx
Just wondering if I am understanding this right. I was looking at Viper skins today. My current AI stock has the thumb hole type setup. Came that way and was a good price on the rifle. Not 100% sold on the thumb hole yet. Is it really as easy as buying some viper skins and you can change it to a grip style hold instead of thumb hole?

Re: Aics chassis rem 700

On my god I know what I'm ordering on Monday then. Thanks for such a quick answer! The hard part will be picking a color now really liking fde.

Don't over look the new AI skins that are pistol grip style...... I believe the price is better than the Viperskins. Call Mile High.

I have an AICS 1.5 stock and my question is, do the Viper skins make the stock lighter? I have not been able to find this information anywhere. Hopefully I am not overlooking this.

Hope this helps out some:

IMAG0482.jpg

It was very easy...

Those look good too. Didn't see a price on their site is all. I was surprised the vipers were only $150.

It is indeed a great value. Mike from victor company makes awesome stuff. I would recommend seeing if he still has a set if multi cam skins in stock. I have a set on my rifle and they are Sweet. Well worth the extra coin. Oh yeah buy a new cheek piece from VC as well. You'll be happy you did

Do you have a pic with that fde installed I'm reall liking that color!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: islandermyk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope this helps out some:

IMAG0482.jpg

It was very easy... </div></div>

Here you go
smile.gif

IMAG1251.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yfzjen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a pic with that fde installed I'm reall liking that color!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: islandermyk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope this helps out some:

IMAG0482.jpg

It was very easy... </div></div> </div></div>

I can show you what the FDE will look like and what the grippy cheek piece is like...let me know. Also, not trying to talk you out of the Viper Skins as they are awesome but I think the AI pistol grip skins are also $150....

Tactic by all means I'd love to see it in person. Let me know when! I'm ordering parts Monday so I need to make up my mind.

Islander that looks really good!

I purchased a set of Accuracy International new pistol grip skins from Mile High Shooting Supply for $114 shipped while the viper skins were $199 plus shipping.

Very happy with the 2.0 AI skins,roughly $100 cheaper than vipers. I went with a basic black theme on my 223 Ackley Improved.

3.jpg

aicsskins.jpg

sacuso5.jpg

USOSACAI-1.jpg

Hey El Gordo2
Nice rig I am building my kids now for his college graduation, the bolt is being coated now. Do you like the range and accuracy out pf the 223 Ackley. His is a standard 223, that I dropped in a 1.5 chassis.

For those that went with the AI skins do you have to drill a hole in the chassis for the older model?

For those that went with the AI skins do you have to drill a hole in the chassis for the older model?

I had to drill a hole on my chassis to use the AI pistolgrip panels. It is very simple to drill the aluminum tubing and takes only a couple of minutes to do. I used a small prick punch through the bolt holes for the drill locations

skin2.jpg

That is one beautiful rifle. It's what I eventually want to get, except maybe in 6.5.

I purchased a set of Accuracy International new pistol grip skins from Mile High Shooting Supply for $114 shipped while the viper skins were $199 plus shipping.

Very happy with the 2.0 AI skins,roughly $100 cheaper than vipers. I went with a basic black theme on my 223 Ackley Improved.

3.jpg

aicsskins.jpg

sacuso5.jpg

USOSACAI-1.jpg

Viperskins are $149 now. Wait for holidays if you can such as July 4th, Veterans Day, etc and Mike runs deals. I am VERY happy with my Viperskins. The multicam is well suited for my area as well. Victor Co has a lot of other great accessories too such as the flush cup (qd) kit, and grippy cheek rest (so worth it). Something else to consider... Mike will take care of you, they have great customer service. (Personal experience)

DSCN0062_zpsae0d84d2.jpg

DSCN0062_zpsbc119ce9.jpg

I like the way the forend has a little more rounded and ergonomic edges, and yes installation is extremely easy.

Last edited: