• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS Classic Mags in AX

FrozenRopes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2011
MA, USA
Can you use the AICS Classic Mags in the newer AX Chassis?
I've searched everywhere, but can't seem to find anything. If I missed it somewhere obvious, please let me know.

I'm not sure about the AX chassis but we tried a .223 AICS mag in my AX rifle, just to see if it would fit. It locked in fine.

They told me my A/W magazines wouldn't work in my AX, but I've run them in mine. I've also stuck .308 AICS mags in it and it worked too.

AICS mags in a AX RIFLE or in an AX CHASSIS = YES

AX mags in an AICS or a AW = NO

IMG_0107.jpg

Left to right:

AX RIFLE/AX CHASSIS/AICS

Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Spare Magazines

Last edited:
Original AICS & AW mag's will fit in an AX/AXAICS & feed fine but because of the angled front to the AX/AXAICS mag port they may drop out under recoil hence the addition of the front lip on the mag's to prevent this, thus
the AX/AXAICS mag's will not fit in an AW OR AICS.

I fired my AX rifle with AW magazines over the weekend. They didn't fall out but they didn't feel as "locked-in" as the AX magazines do. For now, the AW magazines will be range-only and as an extra for matches for me. Looking at the AW magazines, it looks like a guy could modify them to have the lip just like the AX magazines by making a simple cut and bending them out.

I fired my AX rifle with AW magazines over the weekend. They didn't fall out but they didn't feel as "locked-in" as the AX magazines do. For now, the AW magazines will be range-only and as an extra for matches for me. Looking at the AW magazines, it looks like a guy could modify them to have the lip just like the AX magazines by making a simple cut and bending them out.

I've run something like 10+ matches now with the new AX mag, and the old AW mags. I have never had one of the AW mags "fall out".....and I'm pretty rough on the rifle at these matches. My ax has shot everything from a .308 with no brake to a .260/6cm with a brake.

I know this is old but are the 300wm mags different too? I would like to swap my AICS LA 2.0 for an AX LA 2.0!!!! But I'd rather not replace all my mags !