• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AICS LOP screws

panzer075

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2003
upstate NY
anyone know where you can order extra long LOP screws for AICS???

...went to the hardware store looking for M6 socket head bolts

...no luck.

Re: AICS LOP screws

Try a different hardware store... I had to do the same thing today for my blaser r93's receiver. I had to shorten a little bit but it was alot cheaper than ordering online, paying shipping, etc for an 80 cent bolt.

hey Nutt...I know they are M6 I think standard thread..at least thats what i was told..

I dont know the exact pitch..

They are M6 x 1 x 50mm Metric Socket Head Cap Screws (Full Thread). I had no luck finding anyone who sold them individually in black locally. I just bought 100 extended M6 x 1 x 70mm bolts from MSC online for a new one piece spacer I made. The 30mm stock spacer (three 10mm spacers) weren't enough for my correct LOP. Rather than ordering in some more spacers I had some black nylon lying around at work and decided to just machine a one piece 50mm spacer. I have milled it down to 40mm which is perfect now. The bolts I have wont work as stock replacements as they have a 1.5 inch shoulder on them. If you are planning on adding an extra plate or two I could send you some of these. They will work 40mm-60mm of spacers. The 40mm spacer will just need to have some length cut off to keep from bottoming out in end of the stock.
GunPics2.jpg
GunPics4.jpg
GunPics5.jpg
GunPics001.jpg

opposite here.. impossible to find an imperial fastener.. took me 4 hrs worth of driving around to find some bolts the same thread as Rem 700 action screws.

That paintjob is just hot hot hot!