• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS LOP

Red Belly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
MA
I am looking to put an AICS on my Remington 700 barreled action. Does anyone know the adjustment range of the length of pull?

Re: AICS LOP

I recently picked up a AICS 2.0 and off the top of my head I remember the full length of pull as 13.5 inches. There are two removable spaces I believe one is 1" and the other is 1/2".

Great. Thanks guys. I couldn't find out on the AI website anywhere.

The LOP is 13.5 with the spacers installed correct? I just want to be able to shorten it a bit for my son to shoot some day.

You can make it as long as you want by adding spacers and using the right length bolt.
The spacers come in .25", .50", and 1" I believe.
I carried one of the factory bolts that hold the spacers in place to my local industrial fastener supply and bought replacements that are 2" longer than the factory ones so that I could add the number of spacers that I wanted.
I have a couple extra spacers in the shop.

I also made my own take down tool I took a 1/4" drive 3/16" socket and epoxied a 3/16" allen wrench into it and then cut the "L" off of the allen wrench it works perfect and I don't have to use an adapter on my Fat Wrench.

Chiller

I spoke with Dianne at Mile High & she straightened me out. Thanks for the help.

a note about the LOP, for prone the standard configuration is rather short, i am a short guy and even i had to add an extra peice or two before getting comfortable