• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS mag in 223 - anyone know the internal length?

glock24

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2006
    West Michigan
    I know these 223 mags haven't been delivered yet, but I'm hoping someone might know the internal length dimension. I'd like to start planning a build using these mags, and need to know my max cartridge length.

Thanks

Re: AICS mag in 223 - anyone know the internal length?

How long of a round are you looking to seat bud?

Adam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bauer Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long of a round are you looking to seat bud?

Adam </div></div>

I plan to run 223AI using 77g Berger or 75g A-maxs. The free-bore of my chamber will be designed around these mags. I'd like to keep the bullet boat-tail/body junction just slightly ahead of the neck/shoulder junction if possible.

I found this in the Group Buy post;

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These mags will allow for a 2.5" COAL.</div></div>

Is this still good info?

Thanks Adam

You will be GTG.
    wink.gif

Adam