• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS mag, the real deal or not?

Advokaten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2007
Malmö, Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
OK- I really do need some help here,

I have had the worst time trying to get AICS mags here in Sweden until I found a online shop that sold then at a decent price (market value/not ripoff pricing) and said they had them at hand.

To start with, they sold AICS mags but had a AE mag on there sales ad,

that made me send them a question about what mag they sold,

in reply I was reassured they sold AICS mags, from AI.

In my first delivery I got four 2x5 and 2x10 AE mags for long actions,

I ordered short action.

In return another 4 weeks later I get this,

2x5 and 2x10 round mags that look like this.

Magasin2.jpg

magasin3.jpg

Magasin1.jpg

The 5-rounder to the left in the first pic has a lip at the top,

it will not enter/ fit in to the magwell any of my four rifles that take AICS mags,

the 10-rounder will fit, no issues.

Yes- there is also the welds that are quite dissimiliar.

Further looking at the mag bottoms, the last two pics,

the 10-rounder has a distinct AI stamp, the other not so much.

I have an additional 2 5-rounders at home that look nothing like these 2 I got now,

so in short, is this 5-rounder that I have paid for as a AI manufactured AICS mag, a real AI product, has there been some sort of evolution of the mags that I am unaware of?

Any one that can provide a straight answer will be making my day.

Best regards Chris

Re: AICS mag, the real deal or not?

The suspect 5 round mags should not have the lip on it.

I have 40-50 5 and 10 round mags here and the quality of the "AI" stamp does vary a bit as does the welding spots/circles on the front of the mags.

Chris, If they are in the USA, PM me the name of the supplier and that might provide some intel.

Triad-

it´s a Swedish online shop,

http://www.jagarbutiken.se/taktisk-utrustning/aics-stockar-tillbehor

however in our conversation after the initial faulty delivery I have been told that they have a US state side source, but no details.

I am sort of getting a bit PO:d being that I paid for the real deal,

one thing, could a mag have left AI looking like that?

I dont think so.

Any help pin pointing where this stuff comes from will help me.

I am considering bringing the seller up on charges for fraud.

/Chris

The one with the lip looks like a 10 round double stack AX mag. See how many fit in there, show us a picture of the tops of the mags next to each other.

I bet you got an AX mag, no idea why but they put the lip on them. Makes you rock the mag into the gun.

That lip definitely looks like an AX magazine, but the body looks like a standard AE/AICS .308 5rd body. I was under the impression that the AX308 and AX AICS 308s were both using a modified form of the AW308 magazine with the front locking lug...this looks like they may be making a new 5rd AX308/AX AICS 308 magazine out of the same design as the AE, probably for hunting or legality needs.

You are aware that the AE MkII and the AICS short actions use the exact same magazines, correct? Your comment about the "AE long action" is puzzling, since AI has never sold such a rifle before.

Whatever they are, they're almost positively genuine AI magazines - I've yet to see any clones that copied the AI baseplate stamp. My bet is that you were sent an AX AICS 5rd magazine by mistake.

The reason for the lip on the AX mag is a more secure seating of the mag. The AX has an open magwell on the left of the rifle to speed up reloads, and while it will work fine with an AW mag, the lip is added for this reason.

WTH, there are fake AICS mags?! How big could the market for fake AICS mags possibly be?

The answers you have been given are correct and it does look like an AX 5 round and a regular 10 round AICS/AE magazine.
I do not know why you have to get these from the USA as Sporting Services should have them.
It is also illegal to export AI products from the USA as the export license from the UK and the Import Permit into the USA do not allow it. I do not know who you are getting these from but it is not an AINA distributor as their agreement prohibits this.
I expect Stacey might be able to give some technical input on these but he may not have provided the export information on AI. Stacey is now independent from AINA, by the way.
Sporting Services contact information can be found on our website, www.accuracyinternational.com. If you have any problems contact us in the UK via our website. You can also send me a pm.
I hope this information helps.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The answers you have been given are correct and it does look like an AX 5 round and a regular 10 round AICS/AE magazine.
I do not know why you have to get these from the USA as Sporting Services should have them.
It is also illegal to export AI products from the USA as the export license from the UK and the Import Permit into the USA do not allow it. I do not know who you are getting these from but it is not an AINA distributor as their agreement prohibits this.
I expect Stacey might be able to give some technical input on these but he may not have provided the export information on AI. Stacey is now independent from AINA, by the way.
Sporting Services contact information can be found on our website, www.accuracyinternational.com. If you have any problems contact us in the UK via our website. You can also send me a pm.
I hope this information helps.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International</div></div>

So the 5rd magazine pictured above is for use in the AX AICS alone, I presume (looks like single center-position feed)? Sporting Services doesn't have very detailed info up yet on the AX or AX AICS, unfortunately.

Thanks for the info!

Tom and all others,

thank you for identifying the mag for me.

To conclude, the webbshop I have bought my AI mags from really have no clue what they are selling,

and futhermore they have a seller and a contact, I belive the owner of the webbshop mentioned a Jada, Jane at sporting service international, any ways it was a US stateside seller,

I really could care less about how they have arranged for there deals/import however I will be off service should any one find a reason to pursue the line of thought futher.

I was told to wait, for an additional order to come through, perhaps I am sitting on someoneelses mags right at this moment,

I might be getting grumpy in my later years but this is no fun at all.

Well, thank you all for your support.

/Chris

Comments for clarification to clear the record, in regards to the following comment posted by Tom Irwin, "I expect Stacey might be able to give some technical input on these but he may not have provided the export information on AI."

At no time have I spoken with this gentleman in regards to this part, order or situation. I no knowledge of assisting with international sales or export, nor any intentions to as well.

To the OP, your magazines which were ordered should have been handled in a much better manner obviously. It appears that someone, whom ever they may be, have inadvertently received and shipped you the newest magazine design from AI, which has the upper front locking lip, which supports the AX AICS only currently. You should return and order part #3901 and #3902 magazines from your dealer. They in turn need to be informed of what they have received and shipped to you, to as which they more than likely are completely unaware of the new product and/or mistake on this magazine. Best wishes and hope you can get this cleared up ASAP.

Stacey,
Maybe you would be so kind as to answer a question for me?
I recently got a mag that, from all appearances, seems to be an AICS 5 round mag. It has no AI stamp on the bottom plate. I was told that it was an authentic AICS mag, just without the stamp. Do the real ones ever come without the stamp on the plate?

yes sir, there are still some of the "older" floor plate assemblies which are floating around out there and I actually this year saw some received into AINA from the UK which did not have the AI roll stamp on the bottom either, much to my surprise. If you are concerned, feel free to contact me and/or send me pictures of the magazine and I will be glad to assist.

Have had a E-mail conversation with Graeme today,

some one has got there wires crossed, perhaps even at factory and I got the wrong mags sent my way.

Still had my retailer had any kind of knowledge about the gear he is selling, this would not have happened.

Again, thank you all.

/Chris

I am glad that you are communicating with Graeme and am sure he will get you what you want.
I am not sure what you mean by "perhaps even at factory". We know what we are making and selling to our customers, including our distributors. After that there are other dealers in the chain and the end users. If you go to Sporting Services website which is the distributor for UK and rest of the world, excluding USA, Canada and Germany, you will find a retail price list with part numbers. All that has to be done is to order the correct part number or if in doubt contact our distributors or us directly. We will willingly assist and make sure you get what you need.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

No humans working there Tom?

Hard to point a finger, but the last link in the supply chain should have caught it, particularly since AI mags are not individually packaged.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No humans working there Tom?

Hard to point a finger, but the last link in the supply chain should have caught it, particularly since AI mags are not individually packaged. </div></div>

True, but I can certainly understand the difficulty in keeping up with new magazine revisions...and for all intents and purposes, that looks exactly like a 5rd AE/AICS magazine if you don't notice the front magazine catch. Someone opens a box of them, sees that they're standard AE mags, and goes on about their business...it's all too easy to see how and why it happened.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am glad that you are communicating with Graeme and am sure he will get you what you want.
I am not sure what you mean by "perhaps even at factory". We know what we are making and selling to our customers, including our distributors. After that there are other dealers in the chain and the end users. If you go to Sporting Services website which is the distributor for UK and rest of the world, excluding USA, Canada and Germany, you will find a retail price list with part numbers. All that has to be done is to order the correct part number or if in doubt contact our distributors or us directly. We will willingly assist and make sure you get what you need.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International </div></div>

Tom- that would be me echoing Graemes reply to me here,

I have not come up with that notion on my own.

I am just glad that things are sort of looking like they will sort them self out.

One thing perhaps to convey in this matter,

living in sweden there is far to few vendors adressing/catering for any sort of shooting community and the pricing is beyond the levels of ridicule.

Any one stateside reading this, the price for a standard 5 round AICS mag is 85 USD and for the 10 rounders it´s 100 USD,

well and I know that you all pay about 2/3 of that price.

Best regards Chris

Hi all,

a quick update here,

the online company that failed to deliver the right mags, has now declared that they will no longer sell AICS products,

I guess it´s more along the line of not being allowed, but still,

I am shafted twice by them, once for getting the wrong mags (twice actually) and second for having to pay out of my own pocket for return shipping in between.

Yupp I am venting a bit here and also I would like to ask the forum and the esteemed dealers in here,

what do you all think I should do?

/Chris

Did you ever get your mags order with Graeme? He should be able to provide you with the correct AI mags. Best wishes.

Hi Stacey,

thank you for writing, no I have not yet contacted Graeme due to the promises by the Swedish seller,

however now they are not an option and I will contact Graeme to have this sorted, or at least try.

Update, as a last action prior to having the seller taken to the small buisiness bureau here in Sweden I did make one last call to then,

and guess what, they did good on there obligations, it appears a former employee was the source of a lot of the issues arising from this.

Best regards Chris