• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS magazine-type for Mark 2?

topslop1

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2010
I've seen some of the MDT chasis' claim that they have AICS magazine compatibility for even the Savage Mark 2. Is that just drop in and go? Who sells the AICS .22 magazines?

Finally; is it possible to just have AICS styled magazines in the stock Savage Mark 2 chasis?

I could be mistaken, and I often am, but I've been playing with Savage rimfire rifles for more than a decade and I've never seen an AICS magazine in a Savage that wasn't some odd airsoft conversion built out of Chinese clone goods and a lot of homebrewed tomfoolery. MDT does list a chassis for the Mark ii line, but I'd bet it uses Savage patterned magazines based on the photos on their website. Why not just call them and ask and report back?

I've been playing around with Mark II's for a long time too. I have one in an MDT and am quite sure that it accepts factory Savage mags only!
F7Uco0P.jpg