• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS mags lips

Impact

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2007
Los Angeles,CA
I have some new AICS mags and the lips are super tight ( no pun intended
wink.gif
..I have hard time loading the FGMM and BHI ammo. Any advices ? thanks.

Re: AICS mags lips

Are you trying to push the rounds straight down from the top of the lips?

To load the AICS mags you kind of have to push the rounds down that are loaded already with your thumb and rock another round underneath the lips, hope I explained that OK.

This may not be the info your looking for but thats all I guess I can give you.

GG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To load the AICS mags you kind of have to push the rounds down that are loaded already with your thumb and rock another round underneath the lips</div></div>

Kind of like loading pistol mags.

that might be the problem. I'm loading them like an ar15, pressing straight down.

so should I load the tail first then the nose ? thanks.

Dude, load it like a pistol mag. No better way to explain it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude, load it like a pistol mag. No better way to explain it. </div></div>

This. You have to slide the rear of the round underneath the lips. When you load the subsequent rounds put slight pressure on the previous round to keep yourself from pushing the round out of the rear of the magazine.

if you were able to top load any rounds, you probably fucked up the mag. they are single feed mags, a round should not fit between the lips.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you were able to top load any rounds, you probably fucked up the mag. they are single feed mags, a round should not fit between the lips.</div></div>

Bingo...

The AICS/AE use double-stack, single-feed-position magazines. The AW (in 7.62) uses double-stack, double-feed-position magazines. Most common carbines and battle rifles (AR, AK, FAL, M14, etc) use a magazine which feeds from two positions, alternating back and forth. As such, you can just press the rounds down from above, and they'll pop into place under the feedlips. In the AE, due to the constraints of the receiver there's only room for a single-position feed.

If you actually <span style="font-weight: bold">DID</span> manage to force a round straight in through the top of the lips, something's probably wrong...

no I was able to get them inside by wiggling the round around
smile.gif
thanks for the tips guys.