• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS Maintenance Block

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire

Anyone use one of these? I've got a Wilton in my shop, works great for gas guns with these type of blocks.

All my bolt guns use AICS style magazines. I've been using barrel vises and avoiding plastic stands. . .

I have two, the one for standard AICS mags and the rimfire version for B14R's, Vudoo's, etc... They work well and they're built hell for stout being made from solid Delrin so they're not going to get crushed. They're also adjustable so that you can get them to fit tight inside the magwell to mitigate wobble. They're pretty well worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: USMC22
I have two, the one for standard AICS mags and the rimfire version for B14R's, Vudoo's, etc... They work well and they're built hell for stout being made from solid Delrin so they're not going to get crushed. They're also adjustable so that you can get them to fit tight inside the magwell to mitigate wobble. They're pretty well worth it in my opinion.
Is the adjustment an external screw? How’s that hold up being made of derlin?

Delrin is sturdy stuff. Great for machining. Think of it as plastic metal.

It’s sucks I now know this.

There are four adjustment screws so the tension can be customized to the mag well. If I have it set to my Greyboe DBM though then it's pretty well fitted for the Springfield 2020 that I have here and similar AICS compatible magwells.

20231119_165800.jpg

20231119_165820.jpg

The top of the AICS block also does a good job of serving as a sled for feeding in dummy rounds or snap caps.

20231119_170023.jpg

If there was no adjustment then my AX chassis would wobble because the mag well is flared.

20231119_170438.jpg

There are four adjustment screws so the tension can be customized to the mag well. If I have it set to my Greyboe DBM though then it's pretty well fitted for the Springfield 2020 that I have here and similar AICS compatible magwells.

View attachment 8276176
View attachment 8276177

The top of the AICS block also does a good job of serving as a sled for feeding in dummy rounds or snap caps.

View attachment 8276180
If there was no adjustment then my AX chassis would wobble because the mag well is flared.

View attachment 8276188
Thanks, seeing this visually helps a lot. I'm going to order one.

Oh yeah, even though I only have the Bergara B14R, it's so nice to plop the maintenance block in, clamp it in the vise, and do what I need to do. I'm not trying to get that perfect amount of tension where it's holding the gun but not crushing the chassis or jacking something up on it. If I need to adjust the angle of the gun I don't have to have one hand under the rifle to catch it while the other loosens the vise, I just loosen the vise, adjust the angle, and tighten it down.

The only way it could be better is if the head also served as a sled to single feed rounds but that could be challenging to make work with the different feed angles at play between Vudoo, RimX, Bergara, etc...

Thank you! My Vudoo is due in January 2024. Will grab both the blocks. I have never been happy with any of the "vises"