• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AICS on Argentine Mauser??

ejg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2008
Ireland
www.pse-composites.com
I had my Argentine Mauser recently re-barrelled with a Lothar Walther 308 and my son made me a very light stock. Plan is to make a light weight bush rifle with 1.5-5x24 dot scope. The original mag system is very heavy and awkward to unload. Has anyone experience with fitting an AICS mag system to a Mauser? Would that work with the control feed bolt?
I could fit the Remmy mag system at a push but might also get one made to fit the action screw spacing.
Any ideas? Worth the work? Pic of the Remmy AICS mag system and Mauser Action.
edi
DSCN7267.jpg

Re: AICS on Argentine Mauser??

Thanks, that answers my question.
At least i know that it will very likely work.
It'll probably be quicker and easier to file one from a solid lump than getting that CDI into Ireland....
edi

Mauser action feeds fine from AI Mag...
I had to use 300WM mag to feed my 30-06. Advantage is 6rds of '06 fits comfortably in 5rd 300WM mag...
Here's my Proof of concept and Milling 101 lesson's result: Works well, too bad it's so darn ugly, but I'll make a less ugly one on new stock...
Pretoria-20120226-0018030-06.jpg

RSA Raven, not bad,
just looks a bit funny in that stock.
Fit it into something else and it would be fine.
wherabouts you from in SA? I spent my childhood in
Kenridge and Grahamstown.
edi

Thx Edi,

I want to CNC a bar that'll fit Viper Skins and hope it looks better..

I'm in Johannesburg/Pretoria area.

Hope you come visit SA again
smile.gif

R-Raven

RSA-Raven

That AIN'T ugly! That pretty li'l German girl can probably shoot up a storm. More so than any American 30-06 that NEVER got box mags made for them. Speaking of which...I'm pretty certain a 9.3x62 would also fit in there quite well.
wink.gif

Seriously, It's always good to do something up in wood before you spend all your money attempting to do a lay-up in composite. You at least have a pattern to go off of now. And, to look at the bright side, you didn't spend umpteen hundreds of dollars on a AA or AAA claro exhibition stock. Just a solid, plain old stock that you can work with is a nice pattern to start with.

FWIW, the 'extractor' common to all turnbolt Mausers won't affect loading/extracting/ejecting. It stays completely above that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RSA-Raven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thx Edi,

I want to CNC a bar that'll fit Viper Skins and hope it looks better..

I'm in Johannesburg/Pretoria area.

Hope you come visit SA again
smile.gif

R-Raven </div></div>

Planing to visit possibly for the first time again since the seventies. For my 50th, maybe a bit of hunting with Mayogi Safaris as i know the lads. My son did a game ranger course near Grahamstown two years ago and enjoyed the surf too much..

Bedded the mauser in the meantime and will start thinking about the mag now. Might be easiest just to fit the remmy AICS.
Action now sits in one of our T3 all carbon stocks.
edi
DSCN7307.jpg