• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS or B&C 2094

0V3RC10CK3D

Private
Minuteman
Other than having the detachable box mags in the AICS is there much difference with ergonomics or accuracy between the two? I desperately need a new stock for my 5R SS and I can never seen to find my scope so something with an adjustable cheek piece and length of pull would help greatly.

Just not sure if I want to spend another $300 to use box mags. What are the other benefits of an AICS 1.5 setup?

Re: AICS or B&C 2094

As you said, you do get the DBM which is a very nice feature in and of itself. Another nice feature is the AICS are a chassis system, so you don't have to worry about bedding the action to improve accuracy the vast majority of the time.

You will be going to a little different design than a traditional stock in the thumbhole or a pistol grip (depending on the skins used). You would have to decide if you like a more conventional stock or the thumbhole/pistol grip design.

One consideration is to the folder vs. non-folder. It's more a matter of convenience, but with the 1.5 (non-folder), you will have to remove the cheekpiece if you want to pull the bolt. It is very simple and if you mark your cheekpiece you can return to the same place pretty easily, but being able to fold the stock is a convenient thing.

Finally, there is always a strong resale value on used AICS chassis if you decide to go a different route (but if you get one I doubt it).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> is there much difference with ergonomics or accuracy between the two</div></div>
accuracy ?.. no
ergonomics ... ya, thumb holes kinda suck, so unless you want to dump another 200 into viper skins, look at other options

if u r going to look at a B&C, look at this 1
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-108/bell-carlson-adjustable-tactical/Detail
you can add the DBM to it...

this is a list of chassis for all under 1k
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=311713&Number=3535583

but i would get the Mcree over the acis 1.5, the mcree is less $$$, lighter, has a folder, for the cash, i think its the best deal...

First, have you any time behind the AICS? I have and like it but it seems to be a love or hate system. Try and find one to put you're hands on first of possible.

Just becaus eyou buy an AICS it doesn't mean you'll need Viper Skins either, that's a preference for some folks. Besides if you want to convert the AICS over buy the AI skin kit, it's cheaper anyway, why buy Viper Skins?

From what I've seen/read, the AICS is not for Everyone. I've owned a Bell & Carlson A5 Tactical Stock (Fully Adjustable) and it served me Very Well. Not to mention Bell & Carlson has a GREAT Customer Service Program.

With that being said, I have a Manner T4A (OD Green) with Badger Mini Chassis for Sell. Comes with 2 Alpha Mag 10 Rd Mags. That I'am interested in selling. It's currently sitting on my Remy 700 .260 but only been to the Range once. It's probably one of the Best (If not The Best) None Folding Traditional Stocks you can get. Let me know if you're interested.

Pic:

34parky.jpg

1zvy0x4.jpg

2m2gbbt.jpg

347grvt.jpg

30su6ns.jpg

14cthdh.jpg

1445t1f.jpg

Another thing to consider is when you need your chassis or stock. The majority of the top manufacturers have considerable lead times. AICS are usually in stock. With that said I went with an XLR and am happy with the choice. Another way to avoid the lead time is to buy used.

I've wanted an AICS for a long time mainly because they look awesome but I think this Bell and Carlson might be better suited for me. I found one online for $429 from this site

http://1shotgear.com/content/bell-and-ca...n-700-bdl-short

It looks like the Medalist A5 is the same stock as the Tactical Medialist and the 2094 that I mentioned earlier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
if u r going to look at a B&C, look at this 1
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-108/bell-carlson-adjustable-tactical/Detail
you can add the DBM to it...</div></div>

How would i add the DBM to it? Would it cost as much as going with an AICS in the first place?

Try to find someone with AI gun and get behind. I find the ergonomics comfortable for me when I had one. The chassis system is pretty heavy though.

Does anyone know if there will be any fitment issues? I'd rather not have to sand out the stock or modify it if possible.

This is the one I was thinking about getting

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-108/mcmillan-a5-stock-tactical/Detail

It does say this on their site
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"- Long or Short Action 700s w/ varmint/police barrels;
- Barrel channel can be easily opened to mil spec / full bull;"</div></div>

Is the 5r a different size than other heavy barrels?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0V3RC10CK3D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if there will be any fitment issues? I'd rather not have to sand out the stock or modify it if possible.

This is the one I was thinking about getting

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-108/mcmillan-a5-stock-tactical/Detail

It does say this on their site
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"- Long or Short Action 700s w/ varmint/police barrels;
- Barrel channel can be easily opened to mil spec / full bull;"</div></div>

Is the 5r a different size than other heavy barrels?</div></div>

no.... will fit

I have a 5r in the 2094 and really like it. Took it to Magpul pr1 course last month and it ran flawless. The only down side to it is the weight. When shooting barricade drills the weight was very noticeable. When I mounted it I had to take out some material for the bull barrel but it was easy. I actually found an air pocket in the front and B&C repaired it and re painted the entire stock for free.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: randal9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 5r in the 2094 and really like it. Took it to Magpul pr1 course last month and it ran flawless. The only down side to it is the weight. When shooting barricade drills the weight was very noticeable. When I mounted it I had to take out some material for the bull barrel but it was easy. I actually found an air pocket in the front and B&C repaired it and re painted the entire stock for free. </div></div>

I want one but i'd prefer not have to modify the stock for it to work as i'll probably mess it up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0V3RC10CK3D</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: randal9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 5r in the 2094 and really like it. Took it to Magpul pr1 course last month and it ran flawless. The only down side to it is the weight. When shooting barricade drills the weight was very noticeable. When I mounted it I had to take out some material for the bull barrel but it was easy. I actually found an air pocket in the front and B&C repaired it and re painted the entire stock for free. </div></div>

I want one but i'd prefer not have to modify the stock for it to work as i'll probably mess it up </div></div>

For the 5r the mod took 10 minutes very easy to do.

Buy the B&C and see what you think if you want to save coin now and sell it later, you'll have no problem selling it. Check out the Mcree stocks they are very nice, less then an AICS, and an Amercian made product. Regarding the B&C just think of how much it would cost to add a DBM plus the price of the stock Vs buying a stock with an intergrated DBM like a Mcree or AICS. You can also sell your old stock and bottom metal to fund the new stock.

my 2 cents