• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS Polymer 223 Mags

J.Boney

Resident Sheepdog
Minuteman
May 10, 2006
NC - USA
AI use to make these, and I have some somewhere in my stash. I need to make a decision on 77 or 80 SMK purchase for a bolt gun. Does anyone know the MAX COAL that can be loaded in these?

Also, who makes a good 223 mag that will fit AICS TYPE bottom metal?

Thanks!

The accurate mags can be opened up as well, with a rat tailed file to get a longer COAL (works really well for the 75gr ELDM's). Just notch the front to allow the bullet tip to pass up through the plastic insert.

Reactions: shoot4fun
The accurate mags can be opened up as well, with a rat tailed file to get a longer COAL (works really well for the 75gr ELDM's). Just notch the front to allow the bullet tip to pass up through the plastic insert.
Sounds easy enough.. Do you know if the AICS Polymer mags can be modified if needed?

098CF697-5319-484C-A79D-F214F2BA4894.jpeg
9E8DFCED-5FA1-4608-B6C7-C604B30C6C8C.jpeg
The measurement is of an un-modified aics magazine was. I went into a few with a pencil die grinder for clearance.

You’re welcome. The plastic cuts Pretty clean compared to a pmag. A lot of folks champher the feedlips for Tikkas.