• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS question?? AX mag adapter

Defuzer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
Alabama
anyone know if the AX mag adapters are compatible with AICS AX chassis.. pre 14 ?, current?

looking at upcoming build for switch barrel set up.

only chassis I have came across with adapters are Cadex and Eliseo that covers SA-LA mags. KRG offers insert for CIP - LA as well.

The mag adapters, the inserts for, say, making an AXMC 338 shoot 308, is only for the double stack AX rifle mags. Were you lookin to get an AXMC or build a switch barrel rifle?

looking at doing a switch barrel, not AXMC.

with that, decided to work with TRG 42 I already have. KRG is pushing out pre-fits for Sako now and has insert from CIP to LA mags for W3 Chassis. Jason with Euro Optic was able to source lapua bolt, so pretty much set. will grab a M995 bolt for 308 sized class eventually also.

looking at doing a switch barrel, not AXMC.

with that, decided to work with TRG 42 I already have. KRG is pushing out pre-fits for Sako now and has insert from CIP to LA mags for W3 Chassis. Jason with Euro Optic was able to source lapua bolt, so pretty much set. will grab a M995 bolt for 308 sized class eventually also.

So wait, you were able to make a switch barrel out of a trg 42? What calibers can you run?

still a work in progress. 300wm for now. lapua sized bolt has been ordered. M995 bolt will work for standard cartridges. will end up with 308, 6.5 something another, 300wm, and either 300 or 338 norma.

KRG has certain calibers available now for TRG actions with nut and will shoot barrel specs to gunsmith of choice for threading and contour.

can utilize original shouldered barrel then switch over to pre-fits as you prefer.

Krg has adapter for cip to long action I have a few accurate mag 3006 ,and laying around that would work for creed or 308 cadex can go sa to cip

Was going to switch to r700 type action for this but decided to stick with trg once I saw krg had prefits coming out