• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS rear stand?

PaulStafford

Sergeant
Minuteman
I have seen a few pics of AICS chassis with small adjustable stands for the rear of the stock. It appears to be foldable as well.
I couldn't find it on the AI website as an option or accessory that I could find.
Who makes these? how much? are they practical? worth it?

Re: AICS rear stand?

The AI Buttspike is only availble when you order the rifle and cannot be retrofitted. Tacpro shooting center sells the accupod that folds up for $150.

the BT08 was designed for the AI and requires no "fitting", bolts right on.

takes away from the whole sport of shooting if you ask me.

Better yet, just lock it in a rest and pull the trigger with a little piece of string and say your "shooting".

"takes away from the whole sport of shooting if you ask me."

as does Metallic Cartridges, Scopes, Synthetic Stocks, Set Triggers and Boat tail Booolets just to metion a few....:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"takes away from the whole sport of shooting if you ask me."

as does Metallic Cartridges, Scopes, Synthetic Stocks, Set Triggers and Boat tail Booolets just to metion a few....:) </div></div>

Yeah I'm ditching my scope since it makes those far away things so big and easy to see... really takes the challenge out of shooting.

EOD217 in part you stated; "AI is going to feature them on their rifles"

Really?

Where did you get this information please?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EOD217</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is an option out here look this guy up he just started making them again and he gives you simple instruction to do it yourself... he is quoting $150 for his as well and AI is going to feature them on their rifles
http://www.thecountryshed.com/A1MonoPod2.jpg </div></div>

First time I have ever seen that.
<span style="text-decoration: underline">
The Accu-Shot mono pod would be my first choice</span>

Also, not sure if Whidden Gunworks is still making these, but I have one on the rear of my AICS. Its not as good as the Accu-Shot, but it stays out of my way and is there IF i need it in the field.

ai_closeup.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"takes away from the whole sport of shooting if you ask me."

as does Metallic Cartridges, Scopes, Synthetic Stocks, Set Triggers and Boat tail Booolets just to metion a few....:) </div></div>

You my friend are a tool. Difference between changing a stock, trigger or scope and taking the human factor out of the process by propping it up on a rest basically using none of your body to do the work.

You are misinformed if you think a monopod takes the human factor out of the process, or that it allows your body to do no work in the shooting process. Far from it. It is no different than any other device that is employed with the intent of minimizing the effects of the human body that are detrimental to accuracy, including more ergonomic stocks, triggers with lighter pull, rear bags, anti-cant levels, or any one of a dozen other commonly-used devices for precision shooting. Like everything, it's a personal choice whether you want to use one or not.

EOD217 you have been called to task, by the director of Accuracy International, care to answer?

Mr Irwin, that was funny and it's always good to see you here!

"You my friend are a tool. Difference between changing a stock, trigger or scope and taking the human factor out of the process by propping it up on a rest basically using none of your body to do the work."

First, starting a debate by calling names shows weakness in your position.

The science of shooting has evolved since powder first burned and will continue to do so. You wish to draw the line after stocks, slings, scopes and triggers, fine by me. You are entitled to your opinion but please understand that is all it is, just your opinion.

One thing you must not have considered in coming to your conclusion is that there are people that actually carry their rifles for their profession. And sometimes they have to watch a target for hours, a rifle equipped with a monopod and bipod will help them do that with less fatigue.

There is more to the whole "rifle rest" thing but that is really enough.

Ok on the CTK monopod to end the heated discussion I contacted CTK about 3wks ago to see if I could order the monopod and was told by the owner (forgot his name) very nice guy, that he just started fabricating the again and he would post when they would be for sale.
He then said he was talking to AI and that there was discussion of adding his monopod to the AX.
Sorry if this post upset anyone at ACCU-SHOT or AI not my intention love both companies I was just trying to help a brother who was looking for options for his rifle (all in the spirit of a forum)
If you have any questions about the CTK monopod you should call them not me. I don’t work for them nor represent them just passing info I was told.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"takes away from the whole sport of shooting if you ask me."

You my friend are a tool. Difference between changing a stock, trigger or scope and taking the human factor out of the process by propping it up on a rest basically using none of your body to do the work. </div></div>
IT always amazes me how ignorant some people are. OP get the accu-shot monopod, you won't be disappointed. Kasey makes some awesome products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"takes away from the whole sport of shooting if you ask me."

You my friend are a tool. Difference between changing a stock, trigger or scope and taking the human factor out of the process by propping it up on a rest basically using none of your body to do the work. </div></div>

Calm down mate, this is a friendly conversation, not a flop out ya cock and see who can piss the furthest match...

And if it was, Kasey would score 200-20X on this one i dont think I need to explain why

EOD217, I was simply asking where you got, as you put it;

"he is quoting $150 for his as well <span style="text-decoration: underline">and AI <span style="font-weight: bold">is going to</span> feature them on their rifles"</span>

You have now clarified that with;

"He then said he was talking to AI and that <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">there was discussion of adding his monopod to the AX</span></span>.

Which reads a bit different and would not have peaked my interest, sorry.

ah i missed it at first.

Kasey is a dealer for the product in question. Well that explains alot.

Now from that point of view I can understand, ie having to keep a particular point in my scope for an extended period.

But the fact is most guys that use these rear monopods don't use it "tactically" for work. It's used at the range as a crutch for poor shooting position.

If you've got poor fundamentals of marksmanship a mono pod or butt spike won't help you out at all. You've still got to drive the rifle right.

A pod or spike doesn't take the human factor out at all and from your statements Trebek I'd guess that you haven't used one much or at all because you would see immediately that it's not as easy as you make it out to be.

I've been running a AIAX for the last week and using the spike a lot and I've still got to do everything right to make the bullet go where it's supposed to.

If you think a mono pod, butt spike, or a rear bag is a crutch then I guess so is a bi pod, sticks, shooting sling, shooting coat, wind flags, high BC bullets, range finders, or anything else that helps you make first round hits that aren't God given. I personally will use anything that helps me make hits. You should train how you shoot but I am assuming that if you're into benchrest then you wouldn't call the bench a crutch.

YourMotherTrebek, no worries at all and you are still missing more than you are getting when it come to my relationship to Accu-Shot..lol

Anyhow, I refuse to call any shooting aid a "crutch", shooting should be enjoyable and we should always strive to improve no matter what the subject matter is.

The Accu-Shot was conceived after another shooter forgot his bean bag (do you use a bean bag?) as being a device that would do as much and more without the ability to lose or leave it behind.

I will always respect the shooter that can hit a 6" plate at 600 yards, off hand with iron sights using a handgun...or even a rifle...:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">YourMotherTrebek, no worries at all and you are still missing more than you are getting when it come to my relationship to Accu-Shot..lol

</div></div>

Trebek Il give you a hint.

He is Accu-shot

But the fact is most guys that use these rear monopods don't use it "tactically" for work. It's used at the range as a crutch for poor shooting position.

[/quote]

How does this guy know what everybody uses and how they use it?

This is actually funny because I have a harder time keeping a good control of the rifle using this rear spike than not. Before when I was running the Harris bi-pod before I switched to the superior (IMO) Atlas V8 I used it because I had to get my stock higher. Now that I use the V8 all I use is a TAB rear bag and its perfect, but to say that the rear spike is a crutch is ignorant. I don't prefer it but I don't think it makes it any easier to shoot at least not the one that is being discussed. You still have to drive the rifle right and if anything more than ever.

Tburkes & 175G - Suggestion, wrap your hand around the "spike" and let the heel of that hand rest on the deck. This puts a soft interface between the spike and the deck. And just like a bag, adding more or less tension to the muscle on the heel of the hand will give slight adjustments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PaulStafford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OP here. wow, I didn't realize this would spark such a discussion! </div></div>

Of course... dont you know that most of us have far too much time up our sleeves?