• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AICS Rifle Stocks

jhedg

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2005
Gator Nation
I just got a 7mmSTW in a 700 will I be able to get a AICS and just drop it in. Will the action screw right in?

Re: AICS Rifle Stocks

as long as your recoil lug is the same as a factory 700 lug. Otherwise you will have to mill the lug or the stocks lug recess. Other than that, its a drop it fit.

the older chassis have an issue with the fit of a jewell trigger. 2 different ways to fix both require pulling metal off of something

Pretty sure it'll drop in.

I'm not sure if the new X-mark triggers are different in size than the old style ones... but regardless you'll be wanting to change out the X-mark anyways(if you have an X-mark)

no this one
smile.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...481#Post1142481

I am sure it will fit, The Jewells have issue's in the stock, but I purchased a SPS tactical and AICS stock off another hide member and it seemed un modified the SPS tact had Xmark trigger, I swapped the SPS out for a XCR LR tactical with the 40X trigger and it fits fine.

you are correct
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look if you can afford an AICS, you can afford to make it fit. It may require 15 minutes of mill work.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It may require 15 minutes of mill work. </div></div>

Or 5 minutes of Dremel work (AKA hand Mill)
grin.gif