• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

AICS Scope help

vr6extreme

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
I have seached and am not finding much info on ring height. I have a Remington 700 barreled action in an AI 1.5 stock. Mark 4 scope with 50mm objective. My medium rings are not giving me a good sight picture and I am finding myself pushing my cheek down and throwing my bullets off. The mediums are to low and are the mark 4 rings. Should I use high or super high mark 4 rings or is there a better ring for the job?

Thank you in advance for any help/ pictures

Re: AICS Scope help

I have had the same problem. I use the Badger medium-high. But before you do that, check the specs on the ring heights. Super high may be too tall. I don't even use those on my AR-10, but you may have a longer cheeck to eye distance than I do. Good luck. Please let us know how it turns out.

MK4 Med are pretty low rings. Try some BO Med-high. Those should be just right, if not, you can bring up your cheek piece.

LMK if you sell those mk4's, I need some.

I had the same problem when using BO med on my AICS, but I opted to moding the cheek piece to allow me to bring it down a little more.

I will let you know if they are for sale. I am sure they will be.
How much are they worth? They are brand new and only mounted.

Thank you for the help

You asking the guy wanting to buy them what they're worth??? $10.
grin.gif

LMK if you need help lowering your cheek piece too, I can show you the steps. You will have to carve on your AICS though, if you have the stomach for that...