• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition AICS stock and F class shooting

marzo2

Minuteman
Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Hi,

I have an AICS stock (witch I like, so no changing stock option please).
In our match here in Canada, we are not allowed to run a monopod as a rear "bag", dont know about you US folk.

So my question is to the AICS users, how do you run a bag with the AICS...

Sorry for the bad english !!!

Re: AICS stock and F class shooting

Like I would with any other stock.... and depending on bipod or pack height.
Just put it under the rear of the stock, squeeze as needed.

I do the same marzo. It depends what your shooting off of. At some you are on the grass on a berm. At others you are on concrete or gravel. I try to find the closest rear bag position for a comfortable center target hold. This minimizes the amount of squeeze the bag needs.

But where do you put it on the stock ? In that "dip" behind the grip or on the flat part near the butt ?

It depends on the size of your rear bag. I have had good luck in both positions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a_bishop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run mine in the spot behind the grip </div></div>

Man, how do you get a consistent grip like that? This was my main gripe about the AICS, especially bagging behind the thumbhole. Would kick my wrist out at a weird angle, which translated to poor finger ergo's.

http://store.titleboxing.com/everlast-heavybag-gloves.html

Match director (F/TR) told me I could not support the rear of my AICS with a bare hand, rules say bag or gloved hand. Next match I showed up with the above on my support hand. Use it in the gap in front of the hook spot, pad up, index finger into the hook. Turn your wrist or close / open your hand to adjust elevation, you can use the hook to apply rearward pressure if you want. It works surprisingly well, but is not as firm / dead as a sand-filled bag. Weighs nothing, fits anywhere. Shot my best score ever, much better than bare hand. Still trying to decide if I want to use a bag, hard headed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Match director (F/TR) told me I could not support the rear of my AICS with a bare hand, rules say bag or gloved hand. </div></div>

You need to slap that match director with a clue-bat. Nobody with a lick of sense would interpret that segment of the rules to read as "you can wear a glove but not use your bare hand".

That said, back-in-the-day before I shot F-Class, I found that taking my HP glove-n-heavy mitt and wearing that on my off hand and putting it under the toe of the stock worked *very* well.

When I had an AICS stock I used a cordura bean bag such as the ones from Red Tac Gear under the flat section of the buttstock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Match director (F/TR) told me I could not support the rear of my AICS with a bare hand, rules say bag or gloved hand. </div></div>

You need to slap that match director with a clue-bat. Nobody with a lick of sense would interpret that segment of the rules to read as "you can wear a glove but not use your bare hand".

</div></div>

I'm with you on that one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> (4) No portion of the rifle’s butt or forend shall rest directly on the ground or any hard surface. A rear rabbit
eared bag, small sandbag or a gloved hand may be used to support the rifle’s butt....</div></div>

Reminds me of the idiots that used to interpret the base commanders list of "appropriate attire" when I was in the Navy. How stupid do you have to be to decide that if pants have belt loops yo must have a belt. (I had to walk back to my boat once after I got stopped at the gate at Subic. Don't think I helped my case when I pointed out to the moron that if I was in a vehicle I could have my cock hanging out and ride right past)

Here's what I have to do on some ranges, this pic was taken during the Irish Open, on most ranges I put it on the mono pod (that is folded up! Leaving a level spot on the stock) other times when the firing point is too steep and I need more hight I move it up under the pistol grip if needed! I works well and very steady

MEE.jpg