• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

aics style magazine

cmh2007

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2009
Katy TX
Who is it that makes the aics style mags for short action? I need a couple ten round mags and don't want to pay aics prices

I think I found it. I was thinking about the alpha type 2. What is the consensus on them? Can't do the search thing in the phone very well

There is Alpha Mags but prices for AI Style mags are fairly close to the price of the original AI Mags.You may find a deal on some used ones but mags seem a little hard to find currently.

Regards,Mike

P.S. If it were me I would go with the AI Mags.I would buy them used if they are in good condition or new if the price it right.I have had good luck with the AI Mags.They are built very well.Alpha Mags seem well made but I do not have much time on them so I can not really say how good they are.Some of the Sniper hide Vendors carry these Mags and offer Hide members a discount on purchases.

Last edited:
There is Alpha Mags but prices for AI Style mags are fairly close to the price of the original AI Mags.You may find a deal on some used ones but mags seem a little hard to find currently.

Regards,Mike
Alpha Mags-better to use the TYPE4.

The CProducts/ASC mags are NOT good. Try running a search on the Hide (or even a basic Google) and you can see for yourself. The remainder of the "clone" or aftermarket AICS mags are hit and miss (at least that's been my experience with them anyway). As for the previous recommendation of the Alpha Type 4 mags...that is in error as the Type 4 mags are for the WSM cartridges...NOT the .308. For .308, if you go that route, you'll want the Type 2 mags you previously referenced, but...

For an extra $10 (give or take) per mag...I would get the AI OEM mags and not think twice about it. I'd personally rather pay more up front and know I'm getting 100% function/quality versus paying less and maybe having to fork over more money later. FWIW...Triad has 10-round AICS mags in stock right now and ready to roll for only $74.95/mag...see here:

Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Spare Magazines*::*Accuracy International Chassis System Short Action 10 round magazine

Good luck!

Typical - I read this thread this morning, the day AFTER Triad closes... :( I guess I'll have to search for alternate sources. Glad to know many here prefer to just pay the additional cost, and go OEM.

I use the Alpha Type 2 as you get an extra .1 if you want to load for a longer OAL. I do and the reason I went to the Type 2's.

McRee's precision makes AI style mags that work great. Both 5 and 10 round, assuming you're looking for .308

The CProducts/ASC mags are NOT good. Try running a search on the Hide (or even a basic Google) and you can see for yourself. The remainder of the "clone" or aftermarket AICS mags are hit and miss (at least that's been my experience with them anyway). As for the previous recommendation of the Alpha Type 4 mags...that is in error as the Type 4 mags are for the WSM cartridges...NOT the .308. For .308, if you go that route, you'll want the Type 2 mags you previously referenced, but...

For an extra $10 (give or take) per mag...I would get the AI OEM mags and not think twice about it. I'd personally rather pay more up front and know I'm getting 100% function/quality versus paying less and maybe having to fork over more money later. FWIW...Triad has 10-round AICS mags in stock right now and ready to roll for only $74.95/mag...see here:

Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Spare Magazines*::*Accuracy International Chassis System Short Action 10 round magazine

Good luck!

The answer is incorrect!
I use 10rd.mag.CP(AICS).308Win.-excellent mag., there is no problem.
10rd.mag.CP(AICS).308Win.-take 7rd..300WSM without problems.
Alpha Type 4 mags-take.308Win.and the corresponding derivatives of S / A

CP (AICS) take the overall cartridge length 2.955 ", well, and the corresponding derivatives of S / A:
.22-250, .243, .260, 6x47 Lapua, 6.5x47 Lapua, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08, .338 Federal, 7WSM and .300 WSM + including Ackley Improved.
P.S.
COMPATIBILITY 10rd.mag.. 308Win.CP (AICS):
Compatible with the Badger M5 and CDI Precision trigger guards in additon to the AICS.

I have these three and in order of which ones I like best

1. AICS 10 round - smooth
2. Accurate Mag - smooth but not as compact as AICS or Alpha Type 2
3. Alpha Mag Type 2 - takes more effort to load the bullet and I have seen rub marks on the fired cases, very compact clip (I'm kidding, MAGAZINE)

The latter two were $20 less than a 10 round AICS at the time of purchase so I tried them out. I would buy either of them again as well.

The answer is incorrect!
I use 10rd.mag.CP(AICS).308Win.-excellent mag., there is no problem.
10rd.mag.CP(AICS).308Win.-take 7rd..300WSM without problems.
Alpha Type 4 mags-take.308Win.and the corresponding derivatives of S / A

CP (AICS) take the overall cartridge length 2.955 ", well, and the corresponding derivatives of S / A:
.22-250, .243, .260, 6x47 Lapua, 6.5x47 Lapua, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08, .338 Federal, 7WSM and .300 WSM + including Ackley Improved.
P.S.
COMPATIBILITY 10rd.mag.. 308Win.CP (AICS):
Compatible with the Badger M5 and CDI Precision trigger guards in additon to the AICS.

Congratulations on your relative success with the CProducts mags, but I stand by my original response and we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. ;)

Every single CProd/ASC AICS pattern mag I have encountered (~10-12) has had problems right out of the gate and required work on the feedlips to ensure proper functioning/fit in a variety of different platforms from a AICS-equipped 700s to various DBM setups in various Remington and 700 clone receivers.

As for the Alpha mags, the feedlips of the Type 4 mags are modified to operate properly with the wider/fatter WSM lineup of cases from the 300WSM, 7WSM, etc., etc. (it has nothing to do with the OAL that the mag will accept which you quoted above). While you MAY get them to run .308, .260, etc. without difficulties, the Type 2 mags are the better option for those cartridges as the feedlips are not modified/opened up for the wider WSM case compared to the skinnier .308Win case. Now you can modify the Type 4s and run .308, etc., but as for right out of the box...again, I don't recommend it. Similarly, running unmodified AI pattern .308 style mags with any WSM cartridge can cause you function issues in my experience regardless of your experiences to the contrary.

I have all types of mag., the special problems personally I have no.

Congratulations on your relative success with the CProducts mags, but I stand by my original response and we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. ;)

Every single CProd/ASC AICS pattern mag I have encountered (~10-12) has had problems right out of the gate and required work on the feedlips to ensure proper functioning/fit in a variety of different platforms from a AICS-equipped 700s to various DBM setups in various Remington and 700 clone receivers.

As for the Alpha mags, the feedlips of the Type 4 mags are modified to operate properly with the wider/fatter WSM lineup of cases from the 300WSM, 7WSM, etc., etc. (it has nothing to do with the OAL that the mag will accept which you quoted above). While you MAY get them to run .308, .260, etc. without difficulties, the Type 2 mags are the better option for those cartridges as the feedlips are not modified/opened up for the wider WSM case compared to the skinnier .308Win case. Now you can modify the Type 4s and run .308, etc., but as for right out of the box...again, I don't recommend it. Similarly, running unmodified AI pattern .308 style mags with any WSM cartridge can cause you function issues in my experience regardless of your experiences to the contrary.

How many styles of AICS mags are there? I purchased an A5 R700sa stock from a Hider with a surgeon bottom metal. It came with 4 AICS mags I assumed were 308. They will not completely seat, can't strip a round and the lips on the mags are longer than a CP mag that I have that fits and strips the rounds.

Edited to add that these are AW mags.

Last edited: