• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS Style Stock for .22lr bolt action?

TheCivilian

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2009
Louisiana, USA
Does anyone out there recall seeing an AICS style wooden stock for .22lr posted on this forum in the not so distant past? If so, would someone be willing to re-post it or provide info on how to track them down again. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Re: AICS Style Stock for .22lr bolt action?

Are you talking about the one for a 10/22?

Was there a bolt model available? Either way, do you have a web address? Thank you very much for the response.

I just got the stock in last week. I haven't had a chance to take pics of it yet. The stock is made very well. One problem that I have run into with it is I need to get extra high rings to get the right cheekweld. Also the barrel is just touching the stock out near the front of it. I need to just sand some of the wood out to fix that problem. The only other complaint I have, but it is probaly just me, is the stock has sharp corners on the base. It seems to be more for bench rest then for a tactical stock. But that is just something to get used too. The people there are great to deal with. My stock took a little longer to get then I thought. They quickly answered all of my emails. I will get some pics of the stock up here in the next few days.

Out of curiosity which action would people be most interested in having a stock for?

Been kicking around the notion of making a chasis that would accept AI skins. The idea being to sell the chasis and you would be on your own aquiring the skins.

I'm partial to the 77/22 due to the notion that I think the 30 round magazines would be long enough to reach all the way up into the action through the AICS type stock into the action. And the second reason is the availability and ease of replacing barrels and triggers.

A.S.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Station</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of curiosity which action would people be most interested in having a stock for?

Been kicking around the notion of making a chasis that would accept AI skins. The idea being to sell the chasis and you would be on your own aquiring the skins.

I'm partial to the 77/22 due to the notion that I think the 30 round magazines would be long enough to reach all the way up into the action through the AICS type stock into the action. And the second reason is the availability and ease of replacing barrels and triggers.

A.S. </div></div>

From what I have observed at Precision Tactical 22LR matches, the most common <span style="font-style: italic">bolt actions</span> are Savage MKII and CZ452, heavy barrels. There is also the occasional Anschutz 64MPR/54 and Sako Finnfire.

Buffybuster,

Did you pay attention on how the CZ or sakos did against the anschutz's the 54 more specifically?

Im wanting to build or buy a bolt action gun as well and I want it to be able to beat the annies that Im up against.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ITGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buffybuster,

Did you pay attention on how the CZ or sakos did against the anschutz's the 54 more specifically?

Im wanting to build or buy a bolt action gun as well and I want it to be able to beat the annies that Im up against.
smile.gif

</div></div>

I beat them with a 10/22. Everyone said that a 10/22 could not hang, now everyone is rethinking that statement (at the matches I shoot). I will say that I have as much in my 10/22 has I do my Annie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ITGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buffybuster,

smile.gif

</div></div>

As a "Game Gun" to win Precision Tactical 22LR matches an accurized 10/22 is hands down "The Gun" to have. It is much better since it is as accurate as any bolt action and you don't have to disrupt your position to cycle the bolt.

However, for me it's a trainer for my CF bolt gun, so I run a bolt action.

Most of the matches we have are shot from 50-200yds in varying conditions and positions. Having "the most accurate" rifle does not mean you will necessarily win. This is not F-Class rimfire. First round hits from field positions is what's necessary. Sako Finnfire's and Anschutz 54/64's have won. As have Savage MKII's and CZ's. However the most frequent model to win is an accurized 10/22.

You really can't call them Rugers anymore, since everything's either been replaced or they are 10/22 clones (AMT, VQ, etc).

I emailed them and this was the reply;

We are getting a some requests to do one for several different bolt actions . I am leaning to something that will work for either Ruger or CZ or both. It will take some time, maybe around the Christmas holidays I can get something done.

Thanks
Rhineland Arms

I know what you mean. I have a 10/22 that will shoot right with any of the guys that have Annies as well at our local club. I am wanting to turn my 10/22 into a silhouette machine with a light weight barrel and what not. That is the reason for wanting a bolt gun. I do agree about the movement to cycle the bolt vs shooting a 10/22..but there is just something about that click/lock in noise that a bolt makes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inline 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ITGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buffybuster,

smile.gif

</div></div>

I beat them with a 10/22. Everyone said that a 10/22 could not hang, now everyone is rethinking that statement (at the matches I shoot). I will say that I have as much in my 10/22 has I do my Annie. </div></div>