• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Aimpoint ACRO

plong

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2010
    USA
    Aimpoint ACRO: ACRO Press Release Nice!

csm_200504_Aimpoint_Acro_P-1_1_RF_1600x1180px_150dpi_44f2ba6e9c.png

Sure is ugly but it wouldn't stop me from getting my hands on one, the price will probably make me not look at it though.

Does anyone have a lead on where I could find the specifications for the Aimpoint ACRO mount - I just ordered one and will want to get my non-MOS Glock 17 milled for it. Since it is pretty new (especially up here in Canada) I suspect may of the milling and Cerakote shops will not have seen one before and I really hate to be a guinea pig.

Does anyone have a lead on where I could find the specifications for the Aimpoint ACRO mount - I just ordered one and will want to get my non-MOS Glock 17 milled for it. Since it is pretty new (especially up here in Canada) I suspect may of the milling and Cerakote shops will not have seen one before and I really hate to be a guinea pig.

Long story short, wait until the ACRO is in hand and send it with the slide.

Reactions: adamjma
    Long story short, wait until the ACRO is in hand and send it with the slide.

I did track down a random photo of a slide that was milled specifically for the ACRO and due to the nature of the dovetail on the bottom (full length) there is no way to mill the slide without some sort of radius for the milling bit (I'm not a machinist, so sorry if I got the technical term wrong!) which looks, frankly, not that great. Photo here:

44670209011_a2b9d3b2f6_o.jpg

Just gonna get the slide milled for the standard Glock MOS plate and call it a day. ACRO is in hand, MOS plate and suppressor height sights on the way.