• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes aimpoint comp fuzzy to me only

jwfrazier

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2008
Jefferson, GA
Hi,

I am new to the forum, so try to be gentle. I have an aimpoint CompM2, and I seem to see a clump of multiple dots strung out in a short line instead of one crisp dot. I have heard reference to astigmatism causing this. Both of my eyes seem to do this through it, but others do not see it, so I don't think the sight is defective. Is this common for anyone else, and is there any known correction for this, I mean besides eye surgery?

Thanks,

John

Re: aimpoint comp fuzzy to me only

Glasses!
grin.gif

Focus on the target not the dot. It works backwards from what you are used to.

When you focus on the target the dot should come into focus.

Sometimes I have to concentrate real hard to use an Aimpoint at long range. Too many years behind iron sights.

put a 3x magnifier behind it and it will clear it up.

OR

Go get some contacts! if your the only one having trouble seeing thru it then it has to be your eyes. I would make an appointment to see where you stand, not only for your shooting improvement but for your general health as well.

good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Focus on the target not the dot. It works backwards from what you are used to.

When you focus on the target the dot should come into focus.

Sometimes I have to concentrate real hard to use an Aimpoint at long range. Too many years behind iron sights. </div></div>

^ This