• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Aimpoint Comp M4 quick question

mluning

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2007
Houston Texas USA
I just picked up a Comp M4 and the first thing I noticed was that the front lens is canted. Is this normal?

My guess would be that it's designed that way as to not reflect light straight back to the bad guy?

Just wanted to make sure I didn't get a bad one.

Re: Aimpoint Comp M4 quick question

Can you post a pic? My M4's lens is recessed about 3/4 into the bell, but it appears flat & uniform all the way around.

Is it new or used?? Either way it doesn't sound right.

photo03.jpg

photo02.jpg

photo04.jpg

photo05.jpg

photo01.jpg

4 o'clock position is recessed about 3/4".

11 o'clock position is recessed about 1/16".

Call Aimpoint, they have GREAT (if a bit slow sometimes because LE/Mil get priority) customer service. If you are concerned, that is.

I picked it up used from a LEO friend. I don't think he realized that the front lens is canted.

I guess Aimpoint gets asked this question a lot, from Aimpoint FAQ:

"My objective lens is a little bit inclined!

This is not a broken sight! The front lens is a little bit inclined due to the fact the diode is not located in the centre of the sight but it might be located either in the roof part or the lower part of the sight depending on the model. The lens and the diode are in line with one and other."

Glad to know everything is good.

Maybe a new thing they are doing?? Mine is about 10yrs old and deff doesn't look like that. But i also just relized mine is an M2 not an M4..

It's supposed to be. It's all good. Enjoy the finest red dot sight produced today.

This is normal and part of the design. The slant helps make up for the angle of the light produces by the LED which is located at the top of the tube. The rest of the angle is made up with the refraction of the inner portion of the double lens sending the light back perfectly parallel with the tube.

A picture is worth a thousand words so here's a direct link to their sight on how it works (with pictures
laugh.gif
).

http://www.aimpoint.com/us/about-aimpoint/technology/

I appreciate the help! Makes me feel 100 times better. I am a big fan of Aimpoint now that I've got my hands on one.

Now, what to do with the EOTech..?