• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Aimpoint on an HK-93. Which base?

Bob Shaver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2006
Illinois
Looking to mount an Aimpoint on a Vector HK-93 knock off.

Cheaper than dirt has got factory claw-mount bases for around $150.

But for only $70 they offer a Leapers claw-mount which already has a Picatinny rail.

I've never dealt with Leaper's products. Anybody have any experience with their quality? I'd hate to waste my money on one if it's going to rattle itself into pieces.

Re: Aimpoint on an HK-93. Which base?

There are a few places that make a mount that is much lower than any of the claw mounts. I used to have a HK93, but didn't run optics on it. But you loose the iron sights since the mount and rings will block the sight picture.

Try DSA's website. B&T rail mount

MFI link

I don't know about the quality of the MFI mounts, But they should be fine.

Cut

Many thanks, I placed the order for the B&T on DSA's web site.

I had no idea these were out there and I really like the lower heigth.

I have a B&T mount that's sitting in my basement. The screws are too long and stick out of the claw far enough for them to scratch the receiver. Beware when mounting.

I went with MFI.

I sold my ARMS claw mount because it was too tall for my tastes. It was very well made and repeatable on/off, but just too tall. I now have the B&T and I really like it. Mine is low enough to see over the rail to use the irons if you remove the scope.