• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aimpoint PRO, DD fixed iron sights, absolute co witness or 1/3 co witness?

Tango down

Minuteman
Dec 2, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
For the ones who have an Aimpoint PRO/QRP2 Mount and Spacer and the Daniel Defense fixed sight AR-15 IRON SIGHT SET (ROCK & LOCK®, SKU 19-088-09116). Do you have absolute co witness or 1/3 co witness?

I ran the PRO in the QRP2 mount with DD rear sight and A2 front in my 14.5". It was lower 3rd co witness and I liked it quite a bit. I sold that one off, but I'm planning another 14.5" to replace it. I will most likely use the same setup, with the possibility of a different optic, just to try something new.

Reactions: Tango down
I ran the PRO in the QRP2 mount with DD rear sight and A2 front in my 14.5". It was lower 3rd co witness and I liked it quite a bit. I sold that one off, but I'm planning another 14.5" to replace it. I will most likely use the same setup, with the possibility of a different optic, just to try something new.
Would like to achieve a 1/3 co witness but I keep on hearing that the PRO/QRP2 with the DD AR15 iron sight Rock& Lock gives something that is not quite 1/3 co witness but not absolute co witness either. You have an A2 front sight so not sure if that makes a difference or not...
This would go on a Sig MPX-K, so very small platform and I might have to use a folding at the rear, if not enough room for the DD rear sight. If this is the case, thinking of the Troy folding front battle sight. In theory, it should work but I do not usually mismatch sights.
One thing I know for sure is that the LaRue Tactical Comp M2 Mount LT150 will give a true 1/3 co witness; now if I could only be sure the Troy rear folding works well with the DD front sight, that would be it... LOL, I'm a long range shooter, taking a crash course on small platforms :p

Would like to achieve a 1/3 co witness but I keep on hearing that the PRO/QRP2 with the DD AR15 iron sight Rock& Lock gives something that is not quite 1/3 co witness but not absolute co witness either. You have an A2 front sight so not sure if that makes a difference or not...
This would go on a Sig MPX-K, so very small platform and I might have to use a folding at the rear, if not enough room for the DD rear sight. If this is the case, thinking of the Troy folding front battle sight. In theory, it should work but I do not usually mismatch sights.
One thing I know for sure is that the LaRue Tactical Comp M2 Mount LT150 will give a true 1/3 co witness; now if I could only be sure the Troy rear folding works well with the DD front sight, that would be it... LOL, I'm a long range shooter, taking a crash course on small platforms :p

That combo does work well.

I like absolute cowitness only with flip-up sights. If the irons are fixed, I prefer lower 1/3.

Reactions: Tango down
I have both.
absolute is gtg for folding BUIS. Its ok for me as I am a small framed guy.
a big dude might like the Lower 1/3 more.

Some folks still run a standard M4 or fixed sights.
i have one. More of a backup than a first grab.

Reactions: bonesaw00001
I run 1/3 also on some depending on the red dot. I also have a rifle with true co witness because my son has trouble changing cheek welds with it at 1/3.
there is always a reason they offer both. Find out what works best for you not what works for everyone else.