• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AimPoint setup question

tireys

StealthMode223
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2009
Show Me State
I installed an AimPoint that I bought and put a Vortex VMX3 magnifier behind it. I used the mounting ring that came with the VMX3 which is very similar to a Burris XTR extra high ring. Its sitting a touch lower than the AimPoint maybe 1/8" or less. Would any of yuns know what ring height I might need for the magnifier to center it up?
this is the Aimpoint and mount that I am using
http://swfa.com/GGG-Aimpoint-Accessory-P4448.aspx
this is the VMX3 that I am using
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=358

imag0094r.jpg

By sambam45 at 2011-03-06
imag0092u.jpg

By sambam45 at 2011-03-06

Re: AimPoint setup question

If you're going to be running an aftermarket mount for the Aimpoint, I would suggest sticking with that same company for the magnifier mount. Each company will likely have slightly differing dimensions, so you will have the best luck going with a mount by GG&G. With that said, I don't think they make something that will work with the Vortex magnifier. You can call them and see what they say, though.

Larue used to have a coule of different options for a swing out mount, assuming your 3x mag is 30mm. I just checked the website and it appears there is now only one height option. Not sure what your measurement is but the larue mount will put you center at 1.725" or just a CH shy of 1 3/4". The mount is pricey, but I couldn't imagine running a magnifier w/o a swing out mount

I wanted a swing out mount style. I went with this because of price. I figured I would find out the height and since it came with this ring it was worth the chance. Turns out its not gonna work. Gonna have to bite the bullet.

I'd call Larue. Although it's not on their site, they'll be able to tell you which mount you'd need. I'm sure they have one that should work. Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shawn Michael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd call Larue. Although it's not on their site, they'll be able to tell you which mount you'd need. I'm sure they have one that should work. Good luck! </div></div>

I actually found on Larues WebSite a mount for an AimPoint magnifier same size 30mm tube as the Vortex VMX3. The LT-602 will mount my 3X magnifier and I also ordered the LT-129 to be used with my Aimpoint ML2. Their site actually shows compatible mounts that can be used unlike anything I found on other manufacture sites. Thanks Larue for pressing the easy button.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=21