• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Aimpoint, which mount???

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Sorry bout all the Aimpoint questions but I don't want to "guess" and screw up. I really like the Larue, I'd buy both sight and mount there but living in Texas, I have to add 8.25% tax plus shipping. On the cheaper hand, I could order from Optic's Planet, etc, etc. and pay no tax and no shipping.

Which mounting systems do you use, why. I will not be using NV or magnification. I do like the look of the Larue cantilever mount.

Re: Aimpoint, which mount???

I have the cantilever mount for my M3 only because I run a 3x behind it. If you are not going to run any magnification, I would use LT-150.

rifles004-1.jpg

just buy the larue mount, they always put something extra in the box so makes up for the taxes

I use the Larue Cantilevers, because I like the look of them. But then again, Larue mounts are all I use on my AR's.
whistle.gif

You could always buy the default mount that Aimpoint includes: I'm sure it works fine. I bought and M4S with LaRue mount. The combined pricing made it very attractive. I'd just get the LaRue so you can stop worrying about it.

GG&G has a great sale on an Aimpoint and a mount combo. Check them out!

I got the LT-150 since it is so highly recommended but it turns out to be a lower 1/3 cowitness mount. I got an ADM mount to replace it and like it much better and will be selling off the LaRue. Besides the absolute cowitness I like the attachment of the ADM mount.

I use Larue on all my mounting solutions. They are great and have excellent customer service. I had the cantivelier mount for my M3 and the high mounts for my M4's and the SPR mount for my NF. All great stuff. Like they said they give you pork rub, hat, bumper stickers and a bottle opener. That is definitely worth the tax.

Whenever someone asks "Which mount?", the correct answer is always "LaRue".

Larue LT-150 or if you might plan on using a magnifier then the LT-129 cantilever.

Near absolute repeat zero. Perfect fit/finish. Well designed throw lever.

The Larue AP mounts do give you a lower 1/3 co-witness of the irons but this is because the irons arent supposed to be used WITH the dot but rather as a back up in case the dot fails. If you use iron sights an absolute co-witness would allow the irons to block more of the target or sight picture when using the dot.

With the lower 1/3 co-witness you have less clutter or target blockage around the dot when its in use. Now if the dot fails for some reason all you have to do to engage with the Back up irons is to tilt your head down a wee bit and you're good.

For me personally I like to leave the irons deployed just because. YMMV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whenever someone asks "Which mount?", the correct answer is always "LaRue". </div></div>
'nuff said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whenever someone asks "Which mount?", the correct answer is always "LaRue". </div></div>

I have LaRue, American Defense, and the QRP mount - all work.

My only complaint about the QRP is that the knob on the left is pretty big but you learn to work around it. They are cheap (if you find them used) b/c they aren't high speed. If you are a dinosaur like me and dig absolute co-witness don't forget that you need the spacer.

American Defense sent me a new mount recently as a replacement for an old used mount I bought off another board that had stripped out. Pretty happy with their CS, I like there products as much as LaRue.

Good luck

I've had quite a few LaRue products and have been totally happy with all of them. But if I was to get a new mount today, I would go Bobro. IMO it is a much better locking design, there are no adjustments to be made, and it does not gall up your rail.

Always LaRue if it's a choice...excellent ppl and excellent product.