• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Aimpoints with Astigmatisms?

MtnGhost

BOfH
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
Does anyone here eith an astigmatism use any of the Aimpoint red dots? If so, how do they appear to your eyes?

I'm looking for another red dot. I found the MRO HD works well, but the EOTechs are terrible for me.

Thanks in advance and Happy T-Day!

My aimpoint isn't a perfect circle for me, somewhat like a comet, but its close enough to get the job done for me. Aimpoint was the best red dot for my eye, tried a Trijicon MRO with a Grean dot for awhileand that was horrible for me, was to much flare. You probably be better off for a clear sight picture if you used a Prism scope instead.

Does anyone here eith an astigmatism use any of the Aimpoint red dots? If so, how do they appear to your eyes?

I'm looking for another red dot. I found the MRO HD works well, but the EOTechs are terrible for me.

Thanks in advance and Happy T-Day!

I have astigmatism. I wear corrective lenses. The dot appears round unless I turn up the brightness excessively.

Get corrective lenses for your eyes.

I don't understand why this is a question in the first place. If you have a vision defect, get it fixed!

Reactions: MtnGhost
My astigmatism was not an issue as long as I had my contacts in or glasses on. Aimpoint PRO was a nice round dot. So was an old PA T-1 clone.
With no contacts or glasses I had major flaring and starburst effect.

I have a Vortex Strike Fire II red dot and with my glass's on, the dot is round on the low to medium settings. If I put it on the mid high setting, it will become egg shaped. The same thing happens with MRD's on my pistols as well. My astigmatism is bad, but as long as I ware my glass's, I am fine on the most part with red dots.

I have astigmatism. I wear corrective lenses. The dot appears round unless I turn up the brightness excessively.

Get corrective lenses for your eyes.

I don't understand why this is a question in the first place. If you have a vision defect, get it fixed!
I wear toric contact lenses, but it's still an issue. Surgery isn't an option, so it just something that I have to live with.

My aimpoint isn't a perfect circle for me, somewhat like a comet, but its close enough to get the job done for me. Aimpoint was the best red dot for my eye, tried a Trijicon MRO with a Grean dot for awhileand that was horrible for me, was to much flare. You probably be better off for a clear sight picture if you used a Prism scope instead.
Yeah, I don't expect perfection by any means - as long as the clarity is closer to the MRO than EO I'd be fine with it. Which Aimpoint are you running?

Two old Aimpoint Comp M4’s and a Micro with Toric contact lens corrected astigmatism, dots on each are great at the appropriate brightness setting. Sig Romeos (Holosuns) also work well at appropriate brightness settings.

ETA: Eotech reticles were always fuzzy....

I have a severe astigmatism and run aim points without issue. The only sight I have problems with are eotech
Same here. Been using an Aimpoint for 12 to 15 years and my eyes suck. My eyes are better with contacts than glasses but it never looks like perfectly round dot.

Interesting that some of you guys have issues with Eotechs and not with Aimpoint. I have an Aimpoint Micro that depending on the brightness and background I get a little comet tail but see the Eotech perfectly no matter how bright or what the background is.

The dot is blurry, but its not for precision shooting, so it does not matter. Just shoot through it

Reactions: MojoNixon
I don’t have an astigmatism and aimpoints dots are a / for me and they’re the only red dot that does it. The “doctors” at Aimpoint and on barfcum tell me I have an astigmatism despite actual optometrists examining my eyes and telling me that I don’t. I had never been to an eye doctor until after I got my first aimpoint years ago, called aimpoint thinking it’s messed up, and them telling me that.

I know plenty of other people without astigmatisms that see a slash too. I personally think it’s just something in the aimpoint design that causes it. The bullshit with that and a few of them taking a shit (two PRO’s and a T1) and taking 6 months to go to Sweden for “repair” only to be replaced every time are why I don’t buy them anymore. The Trijicon MRO HD is a superior optic all around anyway.

My optometrist corrected for my astigmatism and the dot still has a tail and flairs. Doc says that its not astigmatism that's causing it since my lenses are corrected, but he does not know what it is.

Last edited: