• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Air soft practice- can someone who practices with airsoft shoot?

Recoil is missing, but you can say the same about a 22 rifle. Young Matt Black, CAS world champion, was setting records as a youth with 22 caliber. The rules wouldn’t let him be recognized as overall champion then because of the reduced caliber for youth, but when he stepped up to the larger caliber, he kept setting records.

Reactions: hermosabeach
Recoil is missing, but you can say the same about a 22 rifle. Young Matt Black, CAS world champion, was setting records as a youth with 22 caliber. The rules wouldn’t let him be recognized as overall champion then because of the reduced caliber for youth, but when he stepped up to the larger caliber, he kept setting records.
US and German armies used .22 rifles to train with before using the larger calibres, so there must be something to that. I reckon airsoft guns work fine for teaching manipulation and getting familiar with a rifle, plus a negligent discharge with a plastic BB is less of a concern on places like college campuses when ROTC is out practicing.

Have a gas powered 226 that I used to use in the backyard, when I couldn’t get to the range. Almost as heavy as my 220. Slide recoiled with each shot. Used the same holsters and the like. If I every were to be attacked by empty pizza boxes. They wouldn’t stand a chance.

Reactions: gro and ddavis
Japanese IPSC shooters train with Airsoft guns. They have to go outside Japan, like the Phillipines, to live fire.

I have thought more and more about getting an airsoft G34 and AR for this exact reason. I can practice in the shop as much as I can. Can't seem to make it to the range much at all lately. I can shoot 22's suppressed at the house

I have/had (looked everywhere and can't find the damn thing) a gas powered G19 that feels like the real deal and the recoil feels decent as well. Shoots very flat to 10 yards or so. After that it rises like crazy. If I shoot at a target at 50 yards at the range the bb sails way over the berm due to the spin-up. It was very fun. I have a friend who is a very accomplished 3 Gunner who burned through tons of airsoft when he was stationed in a place where he couldn't do live fire. He said it kept his skills up.

Lucas Botkin is a little bitch. I can’t stand his face and would love to bitch slap his ass.

I think only James Yeager triggers me me more than this fuckstick.

I used to play a bunch of airsoft with gas blowback guns when I was younger and in my opinion it made a hige difference in my ability to shoot while moving. Plus while it's not sim rounds playing with people who had a military or leo background was really good for for on force type learning.

I have/had (looked everywhere and can't find the damn thing) a gas powered G19 that feels like the real deal and the recoil feels decent as well. Shoots very flat to 10 yards or so. After that it rises like crazy. If I shoot at a target at 50 yards at the range the bb sails way over the berm due to the spin-up. It was very fun. I have a friend who is a very accomplished 3 Gunner who burned through tons of airsoft when he was stationed in a place where he couldn't do live fire. He said it kept his skills up.
kKM got hit with a copyright issue from Glock maybe around 2002-2004.

People do import the airsoft parts to make a decent G 19

Let me see if I can find some old links.

— as to practice - practice makes permanent

So practice clean- video yourself to verify you are doing proper practice.

The Umarex Glock is the top of my list. I'm going to order one of the G34's looks like one of the dealers in the UK will ship it to me. I might get a 17 instead as they are available in the US. I want to find an AR platform also, I haven't made a decision on that one yet.

I use airsoft in my classes for vehicle bourne operations. We start with airsoft and once everybody knows how to play fucking musical chairs and not dink our vehicles with the airsoft pellets they get to move on to real guns.

It’s amazing how hard it is to work firearms safely and effectively in a vehicle.

And you can instantly make your point when you give one of the guys the who just doesn’t see the value of SBRs in a vehicle the damn airsoft m14.
Lasers are great too- while filming with your cell phone, the laser that is always on will show what that mizzle covers... the thigh is a common place when drawing your pistol...

While I haven't practiced with it in a while, I have a KWA gas blowback full metal 1911 that is fun to play with. I'm inspired a bit to train a lot more with it - would be a good tool I should utilize to up my pistol competency.

If your goal is to become good at square range games then sure. Weapons manipulation is just one facet of a well rounded 'rifleman'.

As TacDillhole's sig line says, The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne

Reactions: sirpoopsalot
'His stupid face' is really the best thing you can come up with for why you don't like the guy? He can blaze through targets with a pistol or a carbine, his company makes & sells good gear and he's very much pro-2A... I hear you claiming to not be attracted to him, but something seems off here... Did you guys not match on Grinder & now you're just angry? Also, you literally just claimed you'd like to slap his ass...

Just sayin'

Reactions: PBWalsh
I’m a big time airsofter and shoot a lot of real steel. As long as you train with real steel in mind, airsoft can be a great aid in gaining the correct muscle memory for real shooting, minus the recoil. It also provides a way to dry fire in your house or yard and work on reloads and such.