• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Airport gun magazines

wvlawyer02

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2008
Clarksburg, West Virginia, USA
Ok, I just traveled to Los Angeles from WV for work. It used to be that most newspaper/book stores carried some great gun magazines. Where did they go? What the hell. I could not find a gun magazine at any store, at any airport, during layovers. What is the world coming to if you cannot get good reading material for long flights. This sucks.

Oh, but they did have the usual Penthouse, Playboy, Hooters, Jugs, and all for sale. I guess thats cool for inflight reading.

Re: Airport gun magazines

We get students every year selling magazines for school fundraisers. There's a lot of questionable magazines available, but not gun mags. I'd love to help them, but I'm not buying something I have no interest in.

I doubt it's a conspiracy. More likely just a matter of what sells the most.

I typically travel with a bag of magazines I never have time to read. I cut out my name and address from the front, then as I read through them I leave them for others to browse. Waiting areas, plane seat pockets, wherever. Spreading the gun love.

Sounds odd, I flew out of Long Beach to Vegas last November, then from LAX to Vegas in February, all three airports had plenty of gun mags when I was there. I think I grabbed 2 or 3 mags each flight

I don't know how a firearms magazine can get away with charging upwards of 6-8 bucks for their product. Sometimes they are 10. I really just prefer to read online.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DEMjunior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds odd, I flew out of Long Beach to Vegas last November, then from LAX to Vegas in February, all three airports had plenty of gun mags when I was there. I think I grabbed 2 or 3 mags each flight </div></div>

Sitting in LAX right now and nothing on the shelf. But they do have a pretty interesting Homes & Garden on burlap projects...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know how a firearms magazine can get away with charging upwards of 6-8 bucks for their product. Sometimes they are 10. I really just prefer to read online. </div></div>

Gun magazines online? Where?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know how a firearms magazine can get away with charging upwards of 6-8 bucks for their product. Sometimes they are 10. I really just prefer to read online. </div></div>

Gun magazines online? Where? </div></div>

Good question?

I always find some in ATL, but I will be flying to Minasooodaa this Christmas, so we will see what they have there.

Was flying from Wisconsin back to Hawaii. Picked up a magazine in WI. But I did have to go to several different stores, and there were only about 2 choices.

I fly about a dozen times a month...all over the US. They seem to be everywhere.