• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Airspace violation caused White House, Capitol lockdown

gunman_7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2006
The White House and the Capitol were briefly locked down Tuesday morning after a small aircraft apparently violated restricted airspace in D.C., according to multiple media reports.NORAD confirmed it scrambled a couple of jets to respond to the incident and that senior officials are monitoring the situation. In a tweet, NORAD said the “plane is not considered hostile at this time.”

The evacuations at the Capitol were ordered as a precaution and lasted about half an hour.

The report of a possible aircraft in restricted airspace came in shortly before 8:30 a.m., Capitol Police spokeswoman Eva Malecki said in a statement. She said Capitol Police began monitoring the situation and decided to restrict access to Capitol Complex buildings “in an abundance of caution.”

• Haha
Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
I'm imagining some poor PPL student in a 150 on their first X/C solo.

1574783926637.png

I wonder if the White House has anti aircraft missles
Not sure if the White House does but there ARE SAM batteries in the DC area and the White House apparently has a laser-dazzling system for defense. There are reports that adjacent buildings have SAMs intended to provide protection for the White House and I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

The real question is, does the White House have one of these: