• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors AK-74 24mm to 1/2x28mm adapter Suppressed firing?

LR-Reaper

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2012
I have a Bulgarian Circle 10 5.45x39 matching parts kit rifle and a Gemtech direct thread 5.56 M4-02 suppressor. I've been thinking about ordering a 24mm to 1/2x28 thread adapter made by CNC Warrior and running my 5.56 can on this rifle.

I understand that it's very common for AK threads to not be concentric to the bore and realize that this could be a recipe for a can-killing baffle strike so I'm a little hesitant. Short of mounting everything up and then looking down the can for alignment issues or using a stiff fitting cleaning rod, is there anything else that can be done it insure that this would be a viable set-up?

If there's enough space in front of the gas block, I would get the barrel cut, recrowned, and threaded by a competent gunsmith. That will fix both your thread pitch and any possible thread concentricity issues.

Also, don't forget that much of the surplus 5.45 out there is corrosive, and probably not going to be a good idea to run through your can.

i got an adapter for my Egyptian maddi....it all "looks" good and plumb, but i can not totally see from the chamber end for the concentricity check.....so i'm a tad shy since i can not jock up this whole barreled action with can in a lathe to check run-out......and the corrosive primer thing got me bugged, so i spent the money on an adapter, and i have already baffle striked one of my cans on another bolt gun......lets just say my pucker factor exceeds my barstool judgement.....for now.

I've just been running non corrosive ammunition through my 74, and unfortunately I think that the whole hold on the importation of corrosive 5.45 Russian ammunition will keep it that way.

I'm really not overly enthused about the idea of having a suppressor die, but think that an adapter would be a great thing if it could work out. .......if. I've got a few 1/2x28 flash hides I really don't care about. I wonder if using one of these live fire as a final check would be an adequate test?

I've just been running non corrosive ammunition through my 74, and unfortunately I think that the whole hold on the importation of corrosive 5.45 Russian ammunition will keep it that way.

I'm really not overly enthused about the idea of having a suppressor die, but think that an adapter would be a great thing if it could work out. .......if. I've got a few 1/2x28 flash hides I really don't care about. I wonder if using one of these live fire as a final check would be an adequate test?

Due to the length of the can, it's entirely possible to have no issues with the flash hider caused by poor threads, but have the first round blow out the end cap of your can.

Due to the length of the can, it's entirely possible to have no issues with the flash hider caused by poor threads, but have the first round blow out the end cap of your can.

Makes sense, not something that I really want to push it with. I've got 5.56 ARs that I've been running suppressed, just figured it'd be nice to suppress my AK-74 as well. Given the potential can risks incurred, I may just continue to hold out until I can get that rifle in to a legitimate gunsmith.