• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AK's value?

r2shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2013
North MS.
2-AK-47s here looking for opinions on value?

1st is Yugo Underfolder NIB w/4mags factory box & manuals
AK3-1.jpg

2nd is AK-47 Yugo PAP M92 w/120rds shot through it also w/4mags factory box & manuals
AK pistol 2.jpg

Reason I'm asking is found out today my some has to go through some ortho surgery phase 1 of 2 starting on 10/31. Even w/dental insurance we are going to be out out pocket about $4,000 just for phase 1. So I'm trying to get an idea of what certain firearms are worth & try to sell locally. I'll sell every firearm I own if need be just starting w/ones I bought on a whim & don't shoot.
Thanks for any help w/prices.

Hey R2. Sorry to hear about your son's surgery. That stuff is never fun. Do you know the manufacturer/importer of the AKs? It will help out a lot in determining value.

Top one looks like a Centuary M70AB2. Prices vary anywhere between $500-700, being NIB you should be able to get on the upper end of that range. I'd start at $650.

Yes they are both manfactured by Century Zastava. The underfolder is the M70BA2 which both supposedly have the thicker 1.5mm reciever. Purchased these a while back thinking I might enjoy, but they have been safe queens.

Thanks to the guys who replied so far.

The top one is actually an M70AB2T "slabside" and has a 1.0mm receiver like a regular AKM. Here is one that sold on gunbrokera while back with a bunch of crap. I think yours should fetch about the same given its unfired. There were not a whole lot of the AB2T's made compared to the redular AB2.

CZ Zastava CIA Yugslavian M70AB2T AK47 7.62x39 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Looks like the M92's sell between $500 and $600 depending on the auction. Good luck with the sales.

The best way, at this point in time, to determine FMV for firearms, especially semi-autos, is to log in to GunBroker, then search for COMPLETED AUCTIONS (i.e. - Items that have actually sold) over the last 60-90 days. Run a search for the couple of AKs in question and see what you can find in terms of like/identical items, then base your "asking prices" for them accordingly.

Off hand...the CAI/Century stuff is prettymuch the bottom of the bin in my experience, so don't expect top dollar. NIB helps somewhat, as does the fact that the market is still somewhat up from recent events. Probably could have made a killing if you'd have put these up for sale a couple months back, but hindsight is always 20/20. ;)

Good luck with your sale if you go that route and best wishes to you/your family during this difficult time. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks for the info. Also for the thoughts & prayers.
We have the $ to cover the surgery I just hate to wipe out savings if I can help it.
You would just think insurance would pay more than they do, it's almost like why even have insurance seems you come out better nowadays without it. Which is freaking sad not to mention pisses me off.