• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Al Queda on strike - economy hits even terrorists

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
<span style="font-weight: bold">
BBC/AP-LONDON, UK (Mar 22)

Muslim suicide bombers in Britain are set to begin a three-day strike on Monday in a dispute over the number of virgins they are entitled to in the afterlife. Emergency talks with Al Qaeda have so far failed to produce an agreement.

The unrest began last Tuesday when Al Qaeda announced that the number of virgins a suicide bomber would receive after his death will be cut by 25% this February from 72 to only 60. The rationale for the cut was the increase in recent years of the number of suicide bombings and a subsequent shortage of virgins in the afterlife.

The suicide bombers' union, the British Organization of Occupational Martyrs
(B.O.O.M.) responded with a statement that this was unacceptable to its members and immediately balloted for strike action. General Secretary Abdullah Amir told the press, "Our members are literally working themselves to death in the cause of Jihad. We don't ask for much in return but to be treated like this is like a kick in the teeth".

Speaking from his shed in Tipton in the West Midlands in which he currently resides, Al Qaeda chief executive Osama bin Laden explained, "We sympathize with our workers concerns but Al Qaeda is simply not in a position to meet their demands. They are simply not accepting the realities of modern-day Jihad in a competitive marketplace. Thanks to Western depravity, there is now a chronic shortage of virgins in the afterlife. It's a straight choice between reducing expenditure and laying people off. I don't like cutting wages, but I'd hate to have to tell 3000 of my staff that they won't be able to blow themselves up.

Spokespersons for the union in the North East of England, Ireland, Wales, and the entire Australian continent stated that the strike would not affect their operations as there are no virgins in their areas anyway.

Apparently the drop in the number of suicide bombings has been put down to the emergence of that Scottish singing star, Susan Boyle - now that Muslims know what a virgin looks like they are not so keen on going to Paradise.
</span>

Re: Al Queda on strike - economy hits even terrorists

And I thought I was the only one getting screwed by the Union...
grin.gif

Ok, that was pretty funny, LOL

Funny, but how hard would it have been to get the math right?

In Baghdad, between 764AD and 869AD, Caliph Harun al Raschid possessed a library of over six hundred thousand books. The <span style="font-style: italic">Thousand and One Nights</span> was set around Harun’s court. Muhammad ibn al-Khwarizm was a Persian mathematician in Baghdad at about that time. His Kitab al-Jabr wa-l-Muqabala was the first systematic solution of linear and quadratic equations.
wink.gif

And that's all I know about it; because I know better than to try to argue math with Lindy.
laugh.gif

ArcticLight, the conflict from fundamentalists in Baghdad today is not a resurgence of Empire, it's the last Luditic gasps of a society accelerated toward modernity.

I think that's true. Eventually blue jeans and Ipods will change their culture.

However, (a) it won't eliminate the hardcore jihadist faction which is currently problematic and always will be, and (b) it's going to take a long time. We'll all be dead.

Werent the persians the ones that invented chess?

That story made my laugh pretty damned hard though

Good one, though it honestly reminded me of the last bit of HBO's "Terror in Mumbai" when the surviving member of Lashkar-e-Taiba tells the interrogator that he was told that all martyrs for jihad die with a golden glow about their heads (or something along those lines). This he was told by his controllers back in Pakistan. The interrogator took him to the morgue to see the bodies of several of his buddies - he collapsed in shock - no glowing BS. The guy realized he'd been had.

But yes, the good life and prosperity offered by modernity is an effective weapon against religious fundamentalists of all types.

Actually, the Arabs were way ahead of Europe in mathematics (and science in general) for quite some time in the first millennium, but then a pesky thing called Islam came along and dominated the authority in the region, killing that progress. This is a story that has repeated itself more than once.