• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Alabama Redneck Guns & Night Vision Swap Meet?

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    I know there are more than a few fellow Alabama Rednecks here.

Assuming it hasn't been done already, I'd like to propose we use this thread as a virtual Swap Meet to buy/sell/trade guns, gun stuff, and night vision/thermal goodies. Since AL has no restrictions on personal face-to-face gun sales/trades, I'd like to see what y'all have that I might like, or what I have that y'all might like.

Hopefully this isn't against Forum Rules. I do wanna buy cool stuff, and much prefer face-to-face transactions whenever possible.

Let the Redneck poo-flinging begin!

ETA: I’m in North Bama. About half-way between BHM and HSV. Gadsden/Rainbow City area. I also have my own range and would be happy to slap some NV on your melon and go hunt some yotes — any night you’re up for it.

Last edited:
    I am down to meet up and shoot. Don’t have anything I want to offload at the moment. I would be interested in reloading components though.

Reactions: TheHorta

Assuming it hasn't been done already, I'd like to propose we use this thread as a virtual Swap Meet to buy/sell/trade guns, gun stuff, and night vision/thermal goodies. Since AL has no restrictions on personal face-to-face gun sales/trades, I'd like to see what y'all have that I might like, or what I have that y'all might like.

Hopefully this isn't against Forum Rules. I do wanna buy cool stuff, and much prefer face-to-face transactions whenever possible.

Got any SB ultra shorts you wanna ship my way lol?

• Love

Oh I'm definitely down. Will post pics of anything I'd consider trading or selling when I get home.

I’m down as well, not got anything up for sale but interested in a few items and would prefer ftf. Looking for KAC, LMT, Nemo or any other higher end AR’s with ambi bolt catch.

I’m in North Bama. About half-way between BHM and HSV. Gadsden/Rainbow City area. I also have my own range and would be happy to have y’all come shoot and I’ll even slap some NV on your melon and go hunt some yotes — any night you’re up for it.

ETA: I’m in North Bama. About half-way between BHM and HSV. Gadsden/Rainbow City area. I also have my own range and would be happy to slap some NV on your melon and go hunt some yotes — any night you’re up for it.
    Sounds fun! I’m on my way. Lol 😂

• Haha
    I’m in North Bama. About half-way between BHM and HSV. Gadsden/Rainbow City area. I also have my own range and would be happy to have y’all come shoot and I’ll even slap some NV on your melon and go hunt some yotes — any night you’re up for it.
    Now I might take you up on that!

Now I might take you up on that!

14678964-C586-498C-8D42-9E7668CC30FA.jpeg

Ok, here's some stuff I'd trade and/or sell. (Some pics are taken on my dogs bed so, that's why it looks dirty, because it is dirty).

I will add to this with some other stuff later when I break open the safe and gun cabinet.

Not sure on price but I'm looking for a chassis for my R700 Left Hand/Ambi

9mm brass- 115gr. Ammo

.223 brass- 55gr. FMJ

Various AR stuff coming soon

Attachments

• IMG_20210124_0930285.jpg
      IMG_20210124_0930285.jpg
      368.1 KB · Views: 104
    • IMG_20210124_1109366.jpg
      IMG_20210124_1109366.jpg
      141.6 KB · Views: 100
    • IMG_20210125_1751133.jpg
      IMG_20210125_1751133.jpg
      392.3 KB · Views: 97
    • IMG_20210126_1800219.jpg
      IMG_20210126_1800219.jpg
      262.4 KB · Views: 108
    I have a Matrix Aerospace AR-10 Frankenbuild with a 3.5x ACOG I’d offer up.

Also have a fair bit of 12ga 00 buck in 250-round factory cases. 10/rds box.

Might consider trading a Nighthawk GRP .45 with maybe 80 rounds through it.

Got plenty of other stuff. Primarily interested in trades, but might consider cash.

I have a Matrix Aerospace AR-10 Frankenbuild with a 3.5x ACOG I’d offer up.

Also have a fair bit of 12ga 00 buck in 250-round factory cases. 10/rds box.

Might consider trading a Nighthawk GRP .45 with maybe 80 rounds through it.

Got plenty of other stuff. Primarily interested in trades, but might consider cash.
    If I buy some 12 gauge slugs do I get to play with the night vision?

I'm a redneck from North Alabama and I too like slaying coyotes. I'll post some trades up this weekend. I could use some 00 buck too.

Interested.

I'm just across the MS line so only long guns are in play for me, but my family is in AL and they might have some pistols to trade.

I am in the Birmingham area.

I would totally be down to slay some yotes

Mr Horta sir: I live a little west of Huntsville and am looking to try a new Barret, would it be possible to book some range time? I have a few things i will part with, so watching this thread with interest If anybody posts a want I may have. My wife did a lot of course work in the early 2000s at the UA Gadsden campus, so a ride that way is no problem. Thanks....

About 30 minutes south of Selma here.

Looking for srp and varget. 😁

I’m in Jersey — yotes at night with rifle someplace without 2 feet of snow = road trip

• Love
    Mr Horta sir: I live a little west of Huntsville and am looking to try a new Barret, would it be possible to book some range time? I have a few things i will part with, so watching this thread with interest If anybody posts a want I may have. My wife did a lot of course work in the early 2000s at the UA Gadsden campus, so a ride that way is no problem. Thanks....

So, my “range” is only 200 yards, but euthanizing AR500 plates with APIT even at that range is a blast not to be missed.

My neighbor has ~400-500 acres and we could probably make an ad hoc 1000y range. I’d have to check.

Failing that, we could find a range within a couple of hours where we could really air the thing out. That would be a blast.

Or... we could use it on the local yote population. 😁

Last edited:
    Reactions: NomadR3E
    Went out tonight on foot. Very windy. Rain supposed to start around 9-10pm. Figured with the wind and approaching rain, the critters would be tucked away.

Nope!

Every last animal was out and about. Go figure. Rabbits, skunks, possums, coons and, of course I left my Foxpro home — three yotes across a large pasture. They were downwind from me, but I tried to mimic a rabbit distress call vocally, which I totally suck at. It got their attention, and they kinda wandered my way, but quickly caught my stench.

Nada, on account of stupidity. Lol.

So, my “range” is only 200 yards, but euthanizing AR500 plates with APIT even at that range is a blast not to be misses.

My neighbor has ~400-500 acres and we could probably make an ad hoc 1000y range. I’d have to check.

Failing that, we could find a range within a couple of hours where we could really air the thing out. That would be a blast.

Or... we could use it on the local yote population. 😁
    I have access to 1000 yards