• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alabama Shooter

Direct_Fire

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Bham, AL
Hey all,

I am fairly new to the forum and just wanted to see who all on here is from central Alabama. I have shot a lot of rounds through the military and I'm trying to find people/places to shoot with/at in Alabama. I am currently in Afghanistan but will be getting a custom R700 from Southwest Precision when I get home. Now I just need to find some good ranges that allow me to engage targets out to 1000m close to central/south central Bama.

We have BGTC (Brocks Gap Training Center) in Hoover, AL the max range is 725y. They do monthly matches in almost any type of shooting you can think of, chick out there website. http://www.brocksgap.com/. There is a 1000y match down in the Auburn Area. It's invite only private owned range get in touch with DocB here on the hide for info. These are the two I shoot at most, there are more through just not sure of locations.

I'm looking forward to getting with K&M Precision soon ,they look like a great place to go,read a lot of great things about them, and not far from me.

Lots of shooters around here for you to meet up with. Monthly matches at Brock's Gap is a great start and there is quite a bit of different gear around here for you to see and try out as well.

Is Brock's Gap the same place as Steel City? I haven't shot out there before but I have heard great things about it. The only ranges that I have used are the FOP ranges (Trussvile and Birmingham) and military ranges. All my shooting outside of those ranges has been done in my friend's fields with Iron Maidens at different distances.